Transform health care and change the way consumers engage with technology.
Sounds like a big challenge, right? Here, at Optum, you have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise as a Production Support Developer. You'll be inspired by working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in technology who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day on a mission to change health care as we know it. Join us! Come share who you are and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of our development team, you will predominantly be involved in building business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. You'll stretch your skills and grow your careers as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with the established specifications and business requirements in order to deliver business value.
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participate in the development of business strategy
- Strong communication skills.
- Provide technical leadership within a support team.
- Strong people skills to drive sound delivery
- Adherence to the defined SSMO delivery process/guidelines like Problem Management, Incident Management, Change Management, SLA Compliance, productivity and other application goals etc.
- Ensuring timely updates of Service Now Tickets with resolution data, root cause.
- Ensure timely Service Now audits and compliance with expected model of SSMO.
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Participation in Design reviews, Test Case reviews, and Production Support readiness reviews for new releases, provide inputs for Go/No Go decision
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Direct cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams
- Deploy and maintain Applications/Systems
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Production Application Support experience
- 5+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle experience
- 3+ years of experience with T-SQL (Sybase, Oracle, MS SQL)
- 3+ years of developer experience (either V B or VB.net is acceptable)
- Health care industry experience
- Job Scheduler experience
- Unix/Shell Scripting experience
- EDI knowledge
- Performance tuning experience