Under limited supervision the candidate will be responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the network that supports the company’s advanced IP video delivery infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The candidate will design, implement, monitor, enhance and troubleshoot the systems in the advance IP video delivery ecosystem.
- The candidate will work closely with other teams on designs, configurations and support.
- The Candidate will provide day to day networking support for production and lab environments.
- Ability to utilize packet analysis tools and at reading network packet streams
- Minimum of 6 years of network technologies experience; specifically IP and IP Multicast
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with BGP and BGP Routing Polices
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in network support, engineering and/or architecture
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS); or equivalent training, education, and experience
Additional Job Requirements
- Experience working with IP Multicast and it’s supporting protocols; PIM and IGMPv3
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, and MPLS Routing protocols
- Experience with ACLs and Routing Policy
- Advance understanding of Ethernet Networks, TCP/IP and Anycast
- Experience working with Cisco (IOS & IOS-XR), Juniper, and Arista routers and switches
- Experience working with VLANs, 802.1q Trunking and spanning tree
- Experience working with load balancing technologies such as ECMP, CEF, aggregated Ethernet and port channels
- Experience with network management tools such as Cacti, RANCID, and Wikis
- Experience with Unix operating systems including CENTOS
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, RUBI, PERL, XML, HTTP
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Experience with Content Distribution Networks (CDNs)
- Experience with Cisco DCM, Packagers and Dell Servers