Client Reference Code: 206588
The Advanced Video Engineer III – Video Support Center – Core is a fast paced 24×7 break/fix team that remotely supports all video transport and devices in Charter Video Operations group. We are on the front lines for national and regional video device support for the entire Charter footprint as part of a team of engineers dedicated to resolving and mitigating issues with video throughout the entire nation. Successful candidates should have the ability to remotely analyze, troubleshoot and implement corrective actions related to MPEG video transport, encoding and multiplexing.
Successful candidates should have experience working with Networking, Video, telecom or a network operations center environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Technical point of escalation for video events in a 24×7 environment
• Lead and support the four primary functions of the Video Operations organization: Acquisition, Encoding, Transport, and Delivery
• Responsible for remotely troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining video services applications, CDN, and Linear Broadcast services
• Provide surveillance of multiple video systems across multiple geographical areas
• Mentors and coaches lower level engineering team members to grow their knowledge base in handling issues
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with internal/external direct customer contact in a technical environment (Headend, Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
Additional Job Requirements:
• Strong knowledge and operational use of video surveillance systems and resolution implementation, following established operations procedures.
• Must demonstrate leadership skills, personal initiative, resourcefulness and ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations. This includes the ability to maintain order and a methodical troubleshooting approach that is focused on service restoration.
• It requires cross-organizational and communication skills that maintain healthy working relationships amongst the team, leadership and peer teams.
• Solid understanding of video network architecture, data networking, system operations, telecom and HFC cable systems.
• Operational experience with building, grooming, and troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE encoding and transcoding platforms such as Envivio, Harmonic, Imagine, Arris, and Ericsson.
• Advanced understanding and experience with Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, Imagine BNPs and APEX1k-3k.
• Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving HLS & Smooth Streaming technologies.
• Background in performing and implementing network, telecom or video systems troubleshooting or implementation a must.
• Familiarity with video monitoring tools, and video delivery architecture required.
• Experience with network monitoring systems (Netcool, Big Brother), ticketing management systems (Remedy, Jira) and video analysis tools such as Tektronix, Sentry, IneoQuest (IQ) iVMS or cVOC a plus.
• Willing to work in a shifted 4/10, 24×7 operations environment. (No on-call)
• Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications, as well as experience with internal/external direct customer contact in a technical environment (Headend, Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
• Certification (current or past) in areas of expertise such as NCTI, SCTE, CCNA, a plus.
• Knowledge or experience with Headend video devices, configuration, implementation or familiarity with MPEG monitoring tools is required.
• Knowledge of command line, Wireshark and basic UNIX operating commands, helpful.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced 24×7 support center environment.
• Ability to learn and understand difficult concepts quickly and become proficient with various networks and devices and pass that knowledge and ability to others.
• Must be eager and open to learn, a self-starter, computer savvy, and resourceful.
Job Code : TWCEVD325 Advanced Video Engineer III Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/61815 →