Software Development Engineer – Amazon Alexa Machine Learning Team – Cambridge, Massachusetts..
Candidates with or without Machine Learning experience are invited to apply. Resumes can be submitted to our career site or via ************************** for consideration. Thank you..
Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Echo, Speech and Language Understanding, or Computer Vision? We’re building the machine learning platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the Amazon Alexa Digital Products Machine Learning Data Platform team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core platform features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
* Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
* Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 5+ years of industry experience.
* Programming in one or more object-oriented languages like Java, Python, C#, Ruby, Objective C, and C++
* Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
* Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
* MS or PhD in Computer Science
* Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
* Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
* Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
* Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
********** is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon was founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994 and is the world’s largest internet based company in the world by total sales and market capitalization. Amazon is a company of builders and we strive to invent products and services which benefit our customers.
A brief sample of our innovations would include:
Amazon Alexa (Echo) is a new category of device designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers
Amazon Kindle E-Reader is part of the Devices team which also includes Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and Amazon Dash
Amazon Audible is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Machine learning, speech recognition and data mining techniques are utilized to create scalable solutions for business problems
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a robust, fully featured technology infrastructure platform in the cloud comprised of a broad set of compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services.
Tags: Amazon, Amazon Alexa Echo, IoT, Internet of Things, AWS, Java, Java, Java, C++, C++, C, cloud, cloud, machine learning, machine learning, ML, speech recognition, speech recognition, distributed systems, distributed, big data, big data, computer vision, CV, NLU, natural language understanding, automatic speech recognition, ASR, AWS, Amazon Web Services, large scale distributed file systems, Boston jobs at Amazon, Boston Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02142, java software development engineer, senior software engineer,
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/121450 →