APEX Software Engineer II
The APEX Software Engineer is needed for the team that supports web-based software development using Oracle Application Express (APEX). This position is responsible for design,
development, implementing, and technical support in all applications used by various departments within the organization, including Quality Control, Finance, Compliance and others. The
successful candidate will have experience developing APEX applications, have general knowledge of underlying functions of our user community, be able to document, and communicate well with users.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, installs, tests, maintains, documents, and provides technical support for Oracle Application Express (APEX) Applications
- Modify existing and create new system software for specific enterprise needs.
- Develop custom applications for internal and external customers.
- Work with corporate technology team to define application scope and objectives.
- Prepare functional and/or technical specifications from which programs will be written
- Participate in technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of enhancements.
– Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software.
- Assists in maintaining systems documentation.
– Work with clients in support of projects.
- Coordinates enterprise software issues with external organizations where appropriate.
- Provide after hours support when needed.
- 8 to 10+ years software engineering experience building web applications to meet business and security requirements. Oracle Application Express (APEX)
design, development and deployment, including knowledge of earlier versions, including APEX 4.0 and higher releases.
- 10+ years in Oracle database (10g, 11g, 12c) and relational database design.
- 10+ years of using SQL and Oracle PL/SQL to address business requirements.
- 10+ years software engineering experience building web applications to meet business and security requirements.
– APEX best practices for design, development and deployment.
- Knowledge of issues, best practices and procedures in upgrading APEX applications to APEX 5.1 and higher
- Experience integrating corporate security schemes into APEX applications.
- Experience creating and modifying APEX themes and applying user interface customizations to meet corporate branding requirements.
- Experience with Oracle APEX installation, upgrade and configuration for all APEX versions, include APEX 4.0.
- Experience upgrading APEX applications to APEX 4.0 and higher from earlier releases, addressing upgrade issues when they arise.
- APEX deployment platforms, including Oracle Application Server, WebLogic, ORDS, and Apache HTTP Relational database design to support business requirements on an Oracle database
SQL and PL/SQL knowledge, including but not limited to schema design and creating tables, packages, stored procedures, views, triggers, indexes and all relevant database objects, as well as report objects and output.
- Ability to interact with business users to discern and document business requirements, and then translate those requirements into a relational database design and application workflow.
- End-to-end application development processes, including analysis, design, development, testing, debug, deployment, documentation, and maintenance.
- Ability to collaborate as a team member, sharing knowledge towards completing tasks as part of a team and independently
– Practiced in following established software development standards and best practices
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Strong problem solving skills and SDLC methodologies
- 2+ years of leadership experience in the form of project management or small team leadership. Individual must have
leadership ability, be able to complete goals without close supervision, and have strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills to set and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management and end users.
- BS of Computer Science or equivalent
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115544 →