We are looking for a Java/Grails Development Lead to steer the development of the APIs powering our successful own-brand and grey-labeled products.
The position involves about 30% leadership and 70% hands-on technical leadership and development. You will be involved in sprint planning with the Product Manager and CTO, designing and implementing the REST APIs used in our applications (web, mobile applications and third-parties), and working with front-end developers and UI/UX designers. You will also work with the QA team to ensure sprints stay on schedule and releases go out as scheduled.
You will help to grow the engineering team at WeSpeke by mentoring junior developers, and your experience in API development for web and mobile products will help guide our product roadmap.
* Work with the product team to plan sprints.
* Make sure developers stay focused and on track during sprints.
* Mentor junior and mid-level developers.
* Provide regular feedback to product and management teams on progress and challenges.
* Design and implement REST APIs using Grails or Spring MVC.
* Design and implement domain objects that are persisted to MySQL and/or Neo4j, utilizing Hibernate or GORM.
* Design and implement business services using Groovy and/or Spring annotated Beans.
* Create performance tests, and analyze and fix performance problems.
* Work with Quality Assurance on resolving product issues in a timely manner.
* Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a commercial setting, working on similar projects.
* Prior team lead experience is preferred.
* Java and/or Grails
* REST interfaces
* Familiarity with Linux/Unix web hosting environment
* Familiarity with AWS (particularly Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3)
* Familiarity with Docker
* Familiarity with Jenkins
* Familiarity with Neo4j (or similar graph databases)
* Automated testing
* Working knowledge of Git
* Working knowledge of Agile software development processes
* Performance testing and tuning
REQUIRED SOFT QUALITIES
* Technical leadership
* Passion for innovation
* Cross-functional teaming
* Preference for high-pace, goal-oriented environment
* Active communicator
* High work ethics
* Disciplined approach to software development
* Learning agility
* Problem solving and persistence skills
* Competitive salary commensurate with skills and work experience
* Company stock incentive program for early employees
* Exceptional medical insurance plan
* Flexible work hours
* Agile development process and open communication
* Open space work environment with natural light
* Free snacks, coffee and tea
* Windows, Mac or Linux computers per personal preference
* Office building in beautiful green area
* Plenty of free parking space
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59066 →