CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
Application Integration and PEGA Lead in Baltimore, MD – CareFirst
Looking for Health Insurance
– Jobs at CareFirst
– Our Teams
– Talent Network
– Why Work at CareFirst
– Students & Graduates
– More Information
Home / Job Search / Application Integration and PEGA Lead
Application Integration and PEGA Lead
Job ID: 10428-1A
Job Function: Information Technology
Location: Baltimore, MD, United States
Campus: Baltimore, MD
Career Band: BDC
Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Defines highly complex technical services needed by the applications that are unique to the client. Ensures that the applications are designed for performance. Conducts design and code reviews to ensure adherence to performance guidelines. Provides suggestions for ways to restructure designs to achieve better performance. Has knowledge of current performance monitoring tools and utilities. Architects the business object model and the business component model, defining core reusable assets that support the long-term strategic business. Looks for reuse opportunities, abstractions, and patterns across classes and components. Mentors the applications team in successful object-oriented design and modeling of business solutions. Serves as consultative resource to business units by explaining technical alternatives in understandable language, and providing appropriate solutions to their problems. The incumbent is responsible for developing architecture and integration strategies, providing both strategic and tactical planning. Development and/or modification of procedures, programs or hardware to solve business systems problems, considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating costs and business needs. Has technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems. Has technical skill and experience necessary to develop complex custom solutions. Works with the technical team and management to propose system strategies to support company needs.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of an IT manager or above, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Serves as consultative resource to IT staff by creating/developing/maintaining system design in areas such as infrastructure, security, operations, integration, execution and network, often spanning multiple heterogeneous platforms, and particularly as these designs apply to new business drivers. Also performs or assists in problem resolution, recommending alternative techniques and providing training and guidance related to primary areas of responsibility and emerging technologies. Select, evaluate and recommend third-party software solutions for business problems as appropriate. Resolves interoperability design and problems related to business applications and related middleware components.
Develop, coordinate and manage projects and project plans for development; develop proposals and delivery tasks/issues. Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers, confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner. Conducts performance monitoring, capacity planning, system tuning, availability planning; Analyzes, designs, and documents information to create the applicable statements of work and the associated deliverables. Provides technical and business documents; including formal/informal oral presentations and standards development/documentation.
Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives (develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes, .)
Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues.
This position is also subject to being ‘on call’ for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Provides technical guidance to less experienced staff, may function as team leader or project leader.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or related IT field, or equivalent experience. A minimum of 7 years of experience in high-level systems and/or applications and/or network design, development, and integration, as well as with database design and access, and familiarity with networking fundamentals. This position will require strong Pega development and analytical (i.e. requirements gathering) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure. The candidate must be able to able to work independently, assist team members in their development strategies, prepare reports to track progress as required, conduct training, and prepare training materials as required. Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential in ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team. Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal clients of all levels and external vendors. Prior experience required in project management, programmer analyst or web developer, enterprise integration and software development life cycle.
This resource will be the Primary SME on CareFirst’s Provider Domain Pega implementations. Responsible for leading system architecture, design, performance, and scalability for Pega 7 Platform and PRPC applications.
Additionally: Proven strong leadership skills. Proven ability to lead the design of large-scale enterprise systems with N-tier architecture. Working experience of service oriented architecture systems. Strong leading experience with the integration of the systems on different platforms. Excellent knowledge of data modeling, object modeling, and system performance optimization. A combination and good balance of architecture design and hands-on development skills. Exhibit thought leadership within the organization, raising standards by example, contributing to directional discussion and debate, and working to grow and develop the capabilities of the whole team. Motivate, oversee, and grow technical delivery teams, as appropriate
Pega Development efforts include:
– Strong understanding of Pega methodologies (including Agile Scrum). Experience with full lifecycle Pega implementations (preferably Pega 7).
– Understanding of various Pega Rules – Ex: UI, Activities and Flows, Declaratives, Decision, Validation, Reports, Correspondences
– Application Security concepts, Integration and their error handling
– Creating and executing Unit Test plans, defect identification and fixing, code deployment and migration
– PEGA performance tuning/optimization experience.
– Provide in-depth technical direction to business and IT stakeholders to enable development of efficient Pega applications utilizing industry standards, best practices, and technical expertise
– Continuously evaluate industry standards, Pega best practices, and latest product versions to support and enhance Pega solutions
– Guide and help establish training for business stakeholders in key Pega technology functionality
– Assist delivery leadership in scoping, planning, and estimating technical delivery of Pega engagements
– Perform architecture design reviews and code reviews to validate Pega best practices are maintained
Web development efforts include:
– Analysis, design, and implementation of business software utilizing web technologies and web-focused languages (JAVA, Python, PERL, C++, C#).
– Document design and write documented code
– Unit testing
– Assist architect development of frameworks and components
– Participate in peer code and design reviews
– Web page maintenance (content transfer and update)
– Site design – design and development of production and test infrastructure that is compatible with LAN/desktop architecture and aligned with organizational goals and objectives
– Design and development of systems, e.g. closed user group sites
– Includes the development of SQL stored procedures, HTML-based applications, JSP and Java, and the use of other associated technologies to facilitate Web-based transactions. Facilitates the development of the Web infrastructure that supports client business requirements.
TIBCO efforts include:
– Demonstrated J2EE development experience
– Demonstrated full lifecycle development success with TIBCO EAI projects, utilizing TIBCO BusinessWorks, TIBCO Adaptors; UNIX, Oracle RDBMS, JMS, XML (XSD Schema), Web Services, Java, Web Servers
Requires 7+ years experience with TIBCO and/or Pega and a combination of any of the following Technical skills depending on the business area:
Language or tool
XML Schema, XSLT
Portal – JSR168
UML tool (like Rational Rose)
Spring, Struts, Hibernate
WSAD or RAD
Software Application/Rules Based
– Abilities/Skills: Knowledge of system analysis and design methodologies and tools, and experience with large and complex systems. Experience with working with and leading vendors. Experience with multi-system/platform program integration. Microsoft office expertise. Self motivated and quick-learner. Ability to work effectively in a team. Ability to anticipate problems and develop effective solutions. Entrepreneur and solutions oriented. Willing to be hands-on and work at tasks outside of normal duties if needed to support management objectives. Ability to manage multiple tasks, understand and be responsive to project and customer needs, and work under tight deadlines. Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal clients of all levels and external vendors. Good organizational and documentation skills
– Preferred: BS or MS in Computer Science, Previous HealthCare industry experience is a big plus
Department: Provider Technology Support
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: *************************
Please apply before: 11/17/2017
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Travel between Carefirst sites is required.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Learn more about Information Technology
Join Our Talent Network
Health Informatics Analyst I
– Company Overview
– News Releases
– Signature Programs
– Our History
– Awards & Recognition
– Corporate Offices & Locations
– Service Area Map
– Jobs at CareFirst
– Join Our Team
– Why Work at CareFirst
– Students & Graduates
Leagal & Mandates
– ACA Rate Increase Justification
– Patient Rights & Responsibilities
– Health Care Fraud Prevention
– Quality Improvement
– Transparency in Coverage
– Mental Health Parity
– MD Proposed Rate Increase Law
– Virginia Claims or Coverage Denials
– Machine Readable Data
– Nondiscrimination Notice and Foreign Language Assistance
– Summary of Preventive Services
– Multimedia Resources
– Healthcare Resources
– Media Inquiries
– Health Insurance Glossary
– Contact Us
– Site Map
Language Assistance Available
– Din Bizaad
– d Yorb
– Ting Vit
Connect with us:
Serving Maryland, the District of Columbia and portions of Virginia, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is the shared business name of CareFirst of Maryland, Inc. and Group Hospitalization and Medical Services, Inc. CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc. and First Care, Inc. are affiliate companies and also offer health benefit products and services on this site.
CareFirst of Maryland, Inc., Group Hospitalization and Medical Services, Inc., First Care, Inc., The Dental Network and CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc. are independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Names and Symbols are registered trademarks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or generic information.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. To comply with this law, CareFirst must collect information regarding an employee’s identity and employment eligibility and document that information on a document referred to as Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, no later than three business days from when the employee begins work for pay. If you are hired, you will be required to provide certain information on the form necessary to establish your identity and eligibility to work in the United States and certain required supporting documents.
If you experience any technical difficulties during this process, please send an email detailing the specific problem you are having to ********************* and we will respond as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/78734 →