Application Support Engineer job description at VMware
– Life at VMWare
– Engineering & Technology
– University & Recent Grads
– Services & Consulting
– Client Support
– General & Administrative
– Business Strategy & Operations
City, State/Province, ZIP
Search radiusRadius5 miles15 miles25 miles35 miles50 milesGO
Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Application Support Engineer
Save this jobRemove Job
Job ID R******
As a Applications Support Engineer you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you are a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
– You will resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or Webex session
– Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
– Bring up issues a timely according to Standard Operating Procedures.
– Demonstrate internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
– Build new knowledgebase articles to bring together new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
– Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
– Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings,
– Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
Required Skills and Experience
– Deep understanding of Server PC Architecture
– Experience resolving system crashes and hardware related issues
– Understanding of modern IT production datacenter, hosting operations and End Users ecosystem.
– Desktop operating system configuration, security and optimization.
– Experience with desktop virtualization products/solutions
– Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems including (Windows 2000, 2003, XP / Linux)
– Understanding of computer architectures (server, storage and network)
– Experience Solving problems 3rd party application integration
– Solid skills fixing complex desktop deployments
– Authority level in Microsoft Windows Management
– Windows Enterprise Administration
– Active Directory and GPO implementation
– Sysprep, OS imaging, and automated deployment tools
– General Desktop systems management
– Terminal Services and RDP
– Remote connectivity, Windows networking
– Work experience of 5+ Years in Technical domain
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Experience in providing voice based Technical Support is a key requirement
– Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred
– VDI Certification will be an added advantage
Join our CareerHub
Living and Working in Atlanta
Explore more about this opportunity’s location.
Our passion, culture, and shared values are the driving force behind everything we do as we dare to reach our goals every day. EPIC2 represents what we stand for as a company.what it means to us
We strive to make a difference in our communities and provide support for our employees as they go out and change the world. service learning
Celebrating our People
At VMware, we foster a culture that’s welcoming and supportive, where great people will want to work and thrive long term. learn more
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.
Get the latest career opportunities as soon as they become available.
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSInterested InEnter category and/or location, then click ADD. You must have at least one alert to sign up.
Sub CategorySub CategorySoftware EngineeringField SalesSystems EngineeringTechnical SupportInside SalesInternshipsProduct Dev ManagementConsultantTechnical Account ManagementProduct ManagementInformation SecurityOther MarketingQuality EngineeringBusiness Operations AnalystProject ManagementUI Development and DesignProduct Dev MarketingSystems AnalystOther FinanceAlliance ManagementServices SalesBusiness DevelopmentProgram ManagementSolutions ArchitectDesktop SystemsInformation SystemsSite ReliabilityAdministrative SupportLegal CounselOther HRTechnical WritingSales OperationsAccountingBusiness ProcessCustomer SupportFacilitiesSales AdministrationBusiness Operations ManagementField MarketingField EnablementProduct MarketingPurchasingServices ManagementStrategic PlanningData ScienceNetwork EngineeringPartner ProgramsSystems IntegrationAuditData AnalyticsEmployee RelationsMarketing ManagementRelease ManagementTalent AcquisitionApplications AdministrationBenefitsComplianceComputer Operations SupportCredit AnalystHR ManagementHRISPublic RelationsResource ManagerADD
– Services and Consulting, Atlanta, Georgia, United StatesRemove
– Contact Us
– Site Index
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Copyright 2018 VMware, Inc. All rights reserved.
FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Time Inc. and are used under license. From FORTUNE Magazine, March 1, 2018. 2018 Time Inc. Used under license. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with and do not endorse products and services of VMware.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.