Date: Aug 1, 2018
Location: Washington, DC, US
Company: NTT DATA Services
Req ID: 22983
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Application Support Engineer to join our team in Washington, District of Columbia (US-DC), United States (US).
* Participate in the full development life cycle for software development programs including design of software components, developing code, updating technical documents, generating test plans, ensuring code meets requirements through unit testing, and resolving discrepancy reports.
* Develop technical designs and specifications for software products.
* Research and integrate design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
* Use software development technologies and tools to build, test, and maintain product modules, components, and subsystems.
* Provide technical leadership to lower-level developers.
* Provide product demonstrations and participate in trade shows and seminars.
* Interact with customers, vendors and external development partners.
* Understand a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Perform a variety of complicated tasks and use a wide degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish work.
* Work with the technical lead, other developers, System Engineering and Test Engineering to participate in peer reviews and to ensure successful integration with other software components. Work with minimal supervision/guidance.
Basic Qualifications – Required Experience, Skills:
* Six or more years directly related to software development engineering in J2EE
* Six or more years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies.
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency .
* Good experience in database technologies including Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
Desired Experience, Skills, Knowledge:
* Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
* Experience with scripting (Perl, Python, etc)
* Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
* Experience in SOA
* Experience in reporting tools and data modeling
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 100,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 85 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit ******************* to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the ‘Company’) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Technical Support, Oracle, Consulting, Database, Developer, Technology
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.