Assistive Technology Technician Full Time
Under the direction of assigned supervisor performs a variety of activities to provide support for Assistive Technology (AT) Specialists. May include making, repairing, and modifying specialized equipment for students in Special Education. May assist in training staff or working directly with students using of assistive technology. Performs related duties as assigned.
This is a journey level position where the incumbent is proficient in performing repairs to Adaptive Technology Center (ATC) and Low Incidence computers (desktops and laptops) and devices . This position is distinguished from the Audio-Visual Technician and does not make complex repairs on electronic equipment such as televisions, tape recorders, computers, or other audio-visual equipment. This position is distinguished from the SCOE IT Technician in that an in-depth knowledge of the networks is not required.
The Assistive Technology Technician performs modifications and fabrication of equipment, support and training to district staff, and receives direction from AT Specialists and the ATC Supervisor.
Supervision Exercised and Received:
- Employees in this class receive general supervision from an assigned supervisor within a framework of policies and procedures.
- Employee may supervise some volunteers to the Adaptive Technology Center.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Attends meetings, workshops, and conferences related to research and practice in the areas of assistive technology (AT) and augmentative and alternative communication (AAC);
• Assists in coordination, preparation, and presentation of ATC professional learning programs both on-site and online, as directed by AT Specialist;
• Provides individual training, support, and monitoring of implementation of assistive technology plans for students, as directed by AT Specialist;
• Prepares outgoing iPads or devices by creating and managing iTunes account emails, passwords, and tracking data (users, case managers, iTunes accounts, etc.), returns incoming iPads or other devices to factory settings in preparation for reassignment;
• Manages, organizes, and maintains up-to-date inventory of equipment (including devices, computers, software, or short-term loans) by keeping account records, volume purchases, logs, maintaining tags, and tracking classroom assignments;
• Transports a variety of items (e.g. devices, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of providing materials in classroom or transporting equipment for repair;
• Consults with specialized staff about student needs and equipment to meet the Individual Educational Programs (IEPs) of students;
• Adapts equipment to be controlled by switches and other easily operated devices for students with disabilities, including making switches and switch mounts with concealed wires which may be operated by a variety of parts of the body and with varying pressure;
• Fabricates, designs, maintains, and adapts equipment to meet a variety of specialized needs, including battery discharge boards, multidirectional joy sticks, speech synthesizers, AC adapters, adapter boxes, and voltage modifications, etc.;
• Fabricates electrical equipment for operating more than one piece of equipment simultaneously or in sequence, depending on the needs of the student and/or program.
• Fabricates classroom equipment using wood, plastic, and other materials, including equipment such as many slotted trays, plastic key guards, communication boards, switch mounts, etc.;
• Repairs adaptive equipment both purchased from suppliers and fabricated or adapted at the Adaptive Technology Center, such as treadmills, stationary bicycles, switches, electronic equipment, computer systems and accessories;
• Communicates with suppliers, vendors, manufacturers, district staff, and out of county representatives to arrange for purchase, delivery, repair, and return of equipment;
• Performs related duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/128928 →