SEG has a position available for a Engineering Associate to support the MDA/IP program office Chief Engineer and Chief System Engineer to perform independent technical assessments of MDA/IP weapon systems performance. Coordinate efforts with staff leaders, conduct assigned assessments, and generate draft products prior to submission. Use Government provided engineering simulations such as DSAT, ADAPT, CAWSS, SASEM, RT3DOF, and MBERST as directed. Assist in developing configuration management records and documentation. Assist with the maturation and revision of the models and simulations as changes occur in the systems to include identification of suggested modifications. Obtain data to validate the models with results from flight tests and compare the results with user provided data. Prepare draft simulation verification, validation, and configuration management reports. Prepare draft system performance assessment reports, including associated supporting documentation. Support integration of missile defense sub-system elements into system elements. Prepare draft system related documents such as Sensor Fusion Analysis, Timeline Analysis, Engagement Planning Analysis, and State Diagrams. Generate draft Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) analysis reports as directed. Assist in confirming that weapon systems meet product baselines. Evaluate verification plans and verification reports and prepare draft assessments.
Work may require travel 10% to 15% of the time to various locations to include integration sites, and test sites within the CONUS or OCONUS.
- Education/Experience: Associate Degree or 5 years relevant experience required in lieu of degree requirement
- Security Clearance: Active SECRET Clearance
- Ability to obtain a US Passport
- Possess an ability to plan, coordinate, and support product development in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Capable of working as a team member to solve engineering/scientific problems
- Work as a team member and assist with solving complex problems
- With general supervision, capable of utilizing tools, techniques, and processes for analysis activities
- Ability to follow established procedures, and solve routine problems
- Capability to use the Microsoft Office package to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- Experience in the performance analysis of missile defense weapon systems or components using models or simulations
- Knowledge of the various Upper and Lower Tier weapon systems within MDA/IP
- Experience with interacting and supporting government customers to include generating briefing and written products and presenting information
- Have a US Passport
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded provider of air and missile defense threat engineering and combat, radar, and missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, and Industry. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits and outstanding training to grow the capacity of staff in relevant areas.
This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to, that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115552 →