Sentry Insurance Talent Network
If you are hard-working and dedicated –
create a future with Sentry.
We’re looking to recruit talented professionals for our Java Programmer co-op program. In this program you’ll have the opportunity to work part time while attending classes and full time during the summers. This distinguished and cutting edge unit is a part of our Application Development team in Information Technology (IT).WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll gain valuable real life, hands on experience while working on a series of projects that involve developing and maintaining new websites, services, and applications primarily written in Java. We’ll look to you to work with Sentry’s developers and architects to design applications and follow processes to ensure continuous operations of our existing systems and programs. In addition you’ll:
– Design, code, test and debug while maintaining programs
– Utilize and adhere to Sentry’s Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project management methodology
– Adhere to Sentry Information Technology standards and proceduresWHAT IT TAKES
– Current full-time college student
– Majoring in Business-related or Information Systems-related field
– Ability to work between 12-19 hours per week during the school year in a minimum of 2-3 hour increments
– Ability to work 40 hours per week in the summer
– The desire to expand your communication, facilitation, documentation, and interpersonal skills
– Sentry does not offer employment in this program to holders of F-1, J-1 and H-1 Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experienceWHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
Within this exciting co-op program you’ll receive the following:
– Competitive compensation
– If eligible a 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent – immediate vesting
– Access to more than 100 certification, designation, and licensing courses
– Automatic enrollment in our Sentry Work Life Resource Program
– The potential for full-time employment upon graduationHOW YOU’LL APPLY
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
WHO YOU’LL WANT TO CONTACT
Hannah Krueger at 715/346-6281
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at **************.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Stay connected with Sentry. Simply complete the information below and be the first to hear about future opportunities.
Current Job Title
Connect with us
contact us | legal | privacy | site map
Sentry is an Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/117322 →