Associate Software Developer
Are you passionate about building amazing software?
Are you constantly pushing yourself to develop better, faster and more efficient applications?
Do you have an innate interest in releasing products that drive meaningful business results?
Do you want to make a difference?
Then CoStar is the place for you.
Forbes recently recognized CoStar as one of 100 fastest growing companies in the world as well as one of the 10 most innovative software companies in the world.
CoStar’s software developers build products that facilitate 86% of commercial real estate transaction in the United States. These transaction range from a small business owner leasing their first office space to a large multi-national building or buying a new headquarters campus. On any given day our developers are building products that manage nearly a trillion dollars of potential real estate transactions.
Everyone at CoStar is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users access commercial real estate information and analytics. We are THE leading data provider to the $14 trillion commercial real estate industry.
CoStar’s Software Developers are responsible for architecting and building applications and platforms that operate on terabytes of data and scale to support millions of users.
– Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
– Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly performant and highly available products and platforms.
– Build: Build solutions that operate on massive amounts of data in high transaction volume applications.
– Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality. (Our customers are not beta testers.)
– Launch: Act as a key member of the product launch team and work closely to DevOps to resolve operational issues.
– Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
Are you up for the challenge?
Skills & Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree
– A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products and/or platforms that leverage terabytes of data and scale to meet the needs of millions of users
– .NET development (C#) development experience including cross platform communication technologies such as Web API or WCF
– T-SQL programming and performance tuning experience
– Ability to design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability
– Deliver work products that meet specifications, are defect free and performant
– Experienced in application performance testing and unit testing strategies and implementation
– Facilitate discussions among other developers to exchange ideas and introduce new technologies. Ability to build consensus among other technologist.
– Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar’s technology platform and development practices.
– Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
– Market-leading compensation
– Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision benefits with a choice of two plans
– Company-paid life insurance
– Company-paid long-term and short-term disability benefits
– A rich 401(k) plan
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: R14929
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ CSGP) is commercial real estate’s leading provider of information, analytic and marketing services. Founded in 1987, CoStar is the primary provider of websites for commercial real estate information, analytics and marketing services. The company conducts expansive, ongoing research to produce and maintain the largest and most comprehensive database of commercial real estate information. Contact Info
– 501 South 5th Street
Richmond, VA 23219
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.