Associate Software Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
Create a Profile|Log In
At least one job must be selected in order to apply.
Add to Saved Jobs
We’re looking for a
Associate Software Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
As a key member of the Performance Testing & Engineering team, this individual will be responsible for the design, development and execution of Performance Testing & Engineering activities ensuring delivery of a highly performant, scalable and reliable modern software cloud platform within an agile environment. The right candidate will be intelligent, able to learn quickly, a team player, achievement focused, meticulous in detail, flexible and innovative in their approach to tackling varied Performance Testing & Engineering challenges in a SaaS Cloud environment. This individual will view himself/herself as a true professional in the Software Performance Testing & Engineering field.
Success in this role will provide a host of additional opportunities for technical and professional growth.
Cornerstone is a global SaaS provider that services thousands of enterprise customers around the world supporting a 30 million+ user base and growing. We see this as an exciting opportunity for someone who is an expert in the Software Performance Testing & Engineering field, has a knack for programming & developing automation tools, have been successfully implementing/extending a Performance Testing & Engineering tool/framework.
In this role, you will.
– Quickly become an expert on the product architecture and workflows
– Work on Performance Testing & Engineering requests in pipeline for Software Releases coordinating with different Product & OPS teams
– Contribute to qualifying performance testing deliverables through development, execution, analysis of comprehensive load and performance tests
– Construct and maintain performance test scripts for web-based applications, background processors and Web services using HP LoadRunner, JMeter, Blazemeter Taurus
– Understand & use various tools like (SQL Profiler/Splunk/Grafana/AWS CloudWatch) to monitor, measure & track application performance bottlenecks
– Work with various Product & OPS teams across the organization to assess Production Traffic data, Application data profiles and test data for script development, calibration, and execution
– Own and drive improvements to our Performance Testing & Engineering processes, tools & frameworks
– Contribute to design, development and maintenance of existing in-house Performance Testing & Engineering tools
– Can build software tools/utilities to enable & empower other teams like Dev and Ops to run Performance Tests
– Drive Performance Testing strategy for new & modern architectural changes like (microservices, AWS, containerization etc.)
– Standardize, automate and document setup of Load Testing environments, tools & processes
– Collaborate with peers on work estimation/planning and implementation of new versions/features of tools/frameworks
You’ve Got What It Takes If You Have.
– Understanding in design, scripting and implementation of performance test scenarios
– Experience developing performance testing tools and/or frameworks for applications hosted on both on-premise and the cloud environments (AWS/Azure etc)
– Strong Database knowledge (MS SQL Server), ability to write complex SQL queries and understand data relationships
– Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills in a technical environment
– Good team player with the ability to handle multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced environment.
– Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
– Ability to analyze and segment performance data.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, related field, or equivalent degree or experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
– Development experience with ******* or J2EE, REST Based Webservices is a nice to have
– Understanding of Performance testing tools like HP Load Runner, Apache JMeter
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companiesfrom Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xeroxand thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 36 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at ****************.
Send to a Friend
Email this Job Ad to your friend(s) by adding their email address(es) along with your details to the field below:
*Separate each recipient email address with a comma.
Recipient email address(es):
Your First Name:
Your Last Name:
Select which language the email should be sent in.
This Job Opening is already listed as one of your Interests. You cannot add the same Job Opening to your list of Interests more than one time.
To see your list of Interests, navigate to the Application Status tab within My Profile
Log In Cancel OK
Not sure which position to apply for?
Find your fit
Cornerstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at ****************.
legal handcrafted in Santa Monica
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.