Visual BI is among the nation’s fastest-growing firms focused exclusively on providing business intelligence and analytics solutions. Visual BI is actively looking for a Big Data Architect / Manager to lead the team in designing and developing Big Data solutions that meet business objectives. The ideal candidate has a deep technical knowledge of the Hadoop stack and possesses a desire and passion for teaching others.
* 3+ years of experience building large-scale data solutions involving data architecture, data integration, business intelligence and data analytics
* 2+ years of experience working on large scale Big Data projects
* Deep technical knowledge of most components contained within the Hadoop ecosystem
* PM with agile methodologies experience a plus
* Strong Java/J2EE experience
* Experience with visualization tools
* Experience with RDBMS platforms, such as SQL Server and in-memory columnar storage, such as HANA
* Minimum of 8 years of IT experience required
* Architect and develop ELT and ETL solutions focused on moving data from highly diverse data landscape into a centralized data lake; also architect solutions to acquire semi/unstructured data sources, such as sensors, machine logs, click streams, etc.
* Manage all activities centered on obtaining data and loading into an Enterprise Data Lake
* Maintain a customer-focused attitude
* Define and document architecture roadmaps and standards
* Design and implement data ingestion techniques for real time and batch processes for a variety of sources into Hadoop ecosystems and HDFS clusters
* Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that provide insights to the organization
* Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
* Drive use case analysis and architectural design around activities focused on determining how to best meet customer requirements within the tools of the ecosystem
* Ensure scalability and high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity within big data ecosystem
* Provide technical leadership and coaching to junior team members
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Dependent Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Benefits
* 401(k) plan administered through employee fiduciary
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.