Are you interested in helping solve today’s most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of a financial management, product, or trading unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in financial IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess procedures and business processes in a financial management, accounting, transactional, or business operations unit for methods of automating them or improving existing applications supporting them.
- Participate in meetings with financial management, Accounting, or product management staff and application developers and project managers to plan development or upgrades of applications used by their offices or business units.
- Participate in planning testing and acceptance of newly developed financial management software by client group who will be using it.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking and troubleshooting problems and ensuring continued and efficient operation of application in production, and full access by its users.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from financial management applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- B.S or B.A in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field required.
- MBA is desirable.
- A working knowledge of Fannie Mae’s MBS and/or Structured Transactions programs is highly desirable. (Similar work experience with private or agency MBS, CMO, or asset-backed group can be considered equivalent).
- Minimum of two to four years of professional responsibilities in finance, accounting, mortgage securities trading, or related fields is required. Excellent leadership, communication, analytic, and problem-solving skills required. Must have the ability to implement controls around an often-changing production environment.
- Project Management skills desired; knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), or Agile project development cycle preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications is required with the ability to use a wide variety of databases, analytics, and project management applications. Direct work experience in UNIX, Sybase, Java, SQL, Quality Center, Excel, and Access is preferred.
- Knowledge of Intex or other structured finance applications desired.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.