6220 Sprint Parkway
Overland Park, KS US
Req # :
Job Description :
Analyzes general business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using internal reporting tools. Provides insight to users and assists cross-functional teams to address business issues.
The Business Intelligence Analyst II is expected to successfully work and influence within a matrix environment, leveraging knowledge and insight from key stakeholders, including those external to workgroup. The candidate should possess the ability to think analytically about key areas of business performance and understand the drivers of variance.
The Business Intelligence Analyst II is expected to contribute to business strategy and make solution based, business impacting decisions.
– Strong knowledge of SQL or similar data query language
– The ability to effectively work in multiple data centric environments, including with multi-dimensional data sources
– Strong issue identification/resolution skills
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Experience and confidence to challenge business thinking using fact-based analysis, via written analysis and insight
– Must be a US Citizen due to data access requirements
– Bachelor’s degree and two years related work experience or six years related work experience post high school
– Two years experience with analytics toolsets (e.g., SAS, SQL, Micro Strategies, etc.)
– Two years experience designing business intelligence analytics and relational data structures
At Sprint, we’re more than just talk. We’ve changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers’ lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79105 →