Responsible for supporting and managing a program of business unit-focused initiatives designed to help business partners drive value from information. Contributes to Broad River Retail’s success by ensuring business needs and goals are realized through analysis and reporting activities of the Business Intelligence Team.
Responsible for empowering business leaders with concise, high-quality information, helping them leverage it to identify and address business opportunities and threats.
Provides consultation on the interpretation of data to various business partners throughout the organization. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Gathers report and Business Intelligence requirements from users and compiles them in a coherent manner for the Business Intelligence development team.
– Instills best practices across the company using Business Intelligence tools from front-line employees to executive leadership.
– Supports all scheduled and non-recurring information needs of users.
– Communicates data nuances and insights to all levels of the company in a clear and concise manner.
– Provides end-user education for the interpretation of business data.
– Utilizes a user group forum to share best practices around analytical findings based on the analysis conducted.
– Manages detailed project plans used to drive successful project completion, including gathering detailed business requirements, process requirements, establishing definitions and gaining approval.
– Leverages expert knowledge of Business Intelligence capabilities and deep familiarity with business trends to identify opportunities and threats.
– Understands data elements in the data warehouse at a very detailed level to support any form of user needs from research to ad-hoc queries to managing large information projects.
– Monitors and manages requests from users through the development, QA and launch processes.
– Queries data to provide information requested by users.
– Presents data in a fashion that is easy to understand with proper documentation for successful user adoption.
– Manages the delivery of critical projects through scope/requirement setting, working with the development team to provide information requested, conducting user acceptance testing and packaging the final product for end-user adoption.
– Consolidates redundant reporting and ensure that information is used consistently and efficiently across the company.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
– Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
– Prior experience and passion for leveraging data to drive significant business impact
– Ability to speak to groups with advanced presentation skills
– Ability to perform critical thinking in the area of data analysis and process
– Possess the intellectual curiosity to work through ambiguity
– Ability to work independently with minimal instructions
– Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and manage multiple projects/assignments
– Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
– Must have a strong command of database concepts and MS SQL
– Experience working with one or more BI platforms
Education Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, or Computer Science Related Work Experience Number Of Years
– Relevant technical or business work experience 3-5
– Experience in a retail environment and/or warehouse and distribution operation preferred
– Project management experience preferred 1-2
on Company Website
Job ID: 6722
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Founded in 2003, Broad River Furniture (BRF) is a locally owned and operated home furnishings retailer. Broad River Furniture is the largest and fastest-growing Ashley Furniture HomeStore licensee in the Carolinas and Georgia. The first store opened in Pineville, NC, in May of 2003, and Broad River Furniture was on the fast track toward success. Sales have increased by double digits in the past three years, including a 20% increase in 2012 vs. 2011 to end the year at over $80 million. Contact Info
– Fort Mill, SC
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.