At Wells Fargo you’ll find a team with proven track records of success who are smart and possess strong values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
This is a position in Compliance under the Solutions Management, Analytics, Risk, and Technology (SMART) team supporting multiple lines of businesses within Wells Fargo Securities. The SMART team provides project management, technology, surveillance, metrics, analytics, process risk management, and supports the Compliance Officers who specialize in particular product and services areas of Wells Fargo Securities’ global business.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst/Developer will support the compliance programs for the Wells Fargo Securities, Government and Institutional Banking and Corporate Banking lines of business through the development, enhancement, and maintenance of processes to generate, analyze, and escalate regulatory compliance risk metrics, including key risk indicators (KRIs) and key performance indicators (KPIs).
Excellent written and verbal communications skills as would be needed to communicate in person, by phone, and through email; adaptability and flexibility to changing environment; and comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment. Experience in Agile and Waterfall Scrum environment is highly desirable. Ability to read, write, evaluate, and apply information. Ability to interact professionally and exhibit appropriate social skills. Ability to understand and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and laws governing our industry/business and products. Ability to develop and maintain business relationships. Proficiency in SQL and developing complex queries. Proficiency in creating PL/SQL procedures. Strong analytic, problem solving, and collaborative skills; experience in business requirements gathering; knowledge of standard system development lifecycle concepts. Extensive understanding of business intelligence and data warehousing concept. Must exhibit advanced query and report writing skills. Be skilled at requirements definition, and data and business process modeling. Have technical and accounting expertise. Have advanced skills in analysis and report design for predictive, descriptive, and decision support models. Extensive experience with Tableau is a highly desirable. Understanding of dimensional models, analytics and reporting, business analysis, data analysis, logical data modeling highly desirable. Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance. Must be able to administer training and knowledge sharing to Field Management and the Executive team. Uses business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest area and methods of improving operations. Presents insight and recommendations to management for decision making and strategic planning.
- Proficient at using data visualization experience using BI Tools e.g., Tableau, QlikView, SQL, SAS, Microsoft BI, etc.
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
- Mentor and develop the skills of other data and metrics oriented colleagues while developing programs that foster greater collaboration and the continued growth and advancement of a more data and metrics driven culture accessing and translating user requirements into reports and models
- Knowledgeable about data storage structures, and about the various ways that data can be applied to aid in business intelligence
- Needs to be able to describe the data, explain his or her analysis of that data, and then offer possible solutions. This involves describing complex technical information to non-BI professionals.
- Must be able to see connections and make meaning out of the data they are presented
- Ensure integrity of data collection and utilization
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
- Partner with data warehouse architects and software developers to generate seamless business intelligence and reporting/analytics solutions to initiate and maintain data deployments
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Identified trends and insights by bringing traditionally siloed data together for a holistic view
- Monitor analytics and metrics results
- Serve as subject matter expert to businesses on data mining and predictive analytics
- Significant knowledge of financial products and or portfolios assigned and the ability to synthesize data to form a story and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective and historical business trends
- Collaborate with business owners and teammates to solve business problems including the development of standard tools and or algorithms
- Exceptional ability to translate complex analysis and insights into presentations to business leaders and executives
- Implemented rules and predictive methods to improve risk based scenario analysis
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to all applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Master’s degree in programs such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics or computer sciences with 6+ years related industry experience.
- Candidates who have held “Big Data”, “Data Scientist” or prior direct experience with the SEC, OCC, or FINRA are encouraged to apply
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, modeling, or a combination of both
- Demonstrated experience with both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Extensive experience with Tableau and QlikView is a highly desirable
- Proficient in using analytic and querying tools such as SQL, SAS, SAS EG, Python and R
- Knowledgeable with Data Warehousing principles and relational databases concepts
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication acumen with analytical skills, high attention to detail, and accuracy
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/161931 →