Benton PUD is looking for a Business Intelligence / ETL Developer with strong competency in Data analytics and ETL development and a passion for creating a data infrastructure and building data visualizations to provide the business units with information to make sound business decisions. The work is diverse and challenging, the size of our organization allows the selected individual to conduct full lifecycle analysis including requirements, ETL, Database design and visualizations spanning all business units in an enterprise approach.
The primary purpose of this position is to create Data Visualizations using a BI tool and to perform ETL (extract-transform-load) processes to assist in the administration of and technical support related to the design, development, and delivery of data from operational systems and files into a staging area, ODSs (operational data stores), Data Warehouse, downstream Data Marts and files; transform system data into presentable and usable formats; develop real-time or flat-file integrations using coding and development standards; coordinate with appropriate staff to determine functional requirements; provide customization, maintenance, system configuration and updates.
Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Support and build interfaces (i.e. web services – including using MultiSpeak Standards, flat file/batch) for the District’s enterprise applications by performing system design, developing and applying interface standards and protocols, and ensuring system availability.
- Support the enterprise middleware and data analytics architecture by performing database, middle tier programming, and ETL to include: data synchronization, data movement and SOA processes.
- Provide technical and programming support for District ETL job workflows, enterprise applications and databases by acting as a technical resource on system requirements analysis, by designing and developing software enhancements and changes.
- Support the District BI platform by designing, building and deploying Data visualization solutions, managing security, scheduling extracts, subscriptions and alerts as well as performing any other duties required to manage the BI Server application.
- Ensure reliable applications by promoting system changes to production environments in accordance with the approved District Configuration Change Management process, monitoring application performance and availability, and troubleshooting and tuning programs.
- Ensure programs are thoroughly tested by providing reliable error/exception handling and rollback framework, and performing unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing.
- Maintain data integrity and data quality by developing ETL code, data standards, data dictionaries, diagrams (data flow, data warehouse, ETL, and interface), entity relationship models, reports, schedules, work processes and maintenance procedures; assist in reviewing SQL explain plans, creating and writing database functions as needed.
- Recommend application development standards by researching technical issues and creating District technology practices, procedures and standards.
- Collaborate with Applications Analysts, Specialists and subject matter experts by assisting in the definition and execution of cross-functional data movements for all aspects of District business.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organizational goals.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate skills in one or more of the following: Object-oriented programming language, web services architecture, ETL development, BI data visualization development
- Understanding and experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server Database structures
- Working knowledge of Operational Data Store, Data Mart, and Data Warehouse technologies and concepts
- Working knowledge of Windows and LINUX server environments
- Intermediate skills in web services development with a working knowledge of XML, JSON, XSLT, XPATH, XSD, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of Data Modeling, ETL and BI tools
- Basic skills in PL/SQL, TSQL and scripting (Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Basic understanding of industry best practices and interface development using Service Oriented Architecture
- Intermediate skills and experience with writing complex SQL for data analytics
- Perform data documentation
- Ability to debug and trace program execution
- Ability to stay informed on new technologies and to apply training and experience to solve business problems
- Working knowledge of system analysis, programming, and application design
- Troubleshooting skills including using multiple resources to search for problem resolution
- Experience in developing and executing test plans
- Experience with code version control
- Business Intelligence ETL Developer III is expected to have more advanced skills and experience in the KSA’s listed above
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including state pension and other retirement programs, competitive health benefits, education reimbursement, wellness incentives and more! For further position details, minimum requirements and application information, visit our website at www.bentonpud.org/careers. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/ Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/140698 →