Business Relationship Manager IT II
IT Business Relationship Manager II
Serve as IT Business Partner and single point of accountability for $8B revenue Johnson Controls Building Solutions North American (BSNA) Service Operation business supporting Fire, Security and HVAC business units, accountable for all IT engagements including creation of strategic direction, synthesis of IT investments with business strategies and priorities, managing operational performance, mitigating key business risks, ensuring security and regulatory compliance, and delivering on all services, projects and tactical operations including escalations.
This position forms the primary conduit that links the regional business unit strategies to the IT priorities. This individual should have a deep understanding of the BU strategic goals, plans, opportunities and issues. The BRM should also help the business to understand the value propositions of IT initiatives. The position is required to provide strong leadership to establish effective communication and interaction with key regional business or IT stakeholders to ensure alignment of IT services, and deliver high quality services to business.
– Understand short and long-term Service Operations Solutions business plans and objectives, IT investments and assets, cross-industry technology and business trends, and competitive environment.
– Formulate an IT strategy that enables BSNA Service Operations business strategy.
– Capture, aggregate, and prioritize a portfolio of IT investments to enable needs as defined on the JCI Service Operations capability roadmap.
– Facilitate execution of BSNA Service Operations investment portfolio to achieve scope, schedule, financial, and quality commitments through operating a metrics-based management system, ensuring adherence to principles in the solution lifecycle management process (ie, phase gates)
– Lead the ideation and high-level planning of IT investments including specification of high-level business requirements, formulation of business process and technology solution options, creation and vetting of business cases, and high-level project planning (scope, schedule, & budget).
– Establish an engagement model between the IT organization and the Business/Functional domains
– Able to effectively influence key stakeholders, team members and peers not in your direct control, to design and deliver optimal solutions in line with the best interests and expectations of the business
– Incorporate process standardization and simplification improvements in high-level designs to enable and streamline the IT applications landscape over time.
– Spearhead trade-off analyses and assessments (project timing, technology approaches, requirements prioritization, etc), support solution design and testing activities, assess overall quality of solution and fit with business capability needs, ensure go-live readiness of Business and IT communities, and measure business results after solution stabilization.
– Establish, maintain and achieve Service Level Agreements for IT support of BSNA Service Operations Solutions.
– Champion understanding, support for, and value of BNSA IT investment portfolio.
– Serve as the glue bringing together Business and IT communities to achieve common goals, and secure active participation and strong advocacy from Business and IT communities, customers, suppliers, and industry bodies.
* This position may require domestic and/or international travel up to 25% of the time
– Bachelor or equivalent experience in IT, MIS or comparable field
– At least 8-10 years of management experience, preferably in the HVAC, Fire, Security businesses
– Experience of leading a team through detailed process development, planning, requirement gathering, reporting and tracking, especially managing user’s expectations
– Strong people management skills including: effective planning, organizing and prioritization of tasks, delegation, developing and motivate the teams, critical and strategic thinking, good communication and presentation skills and ability to maintain high team spirit
– Knowledge and experience partnering with both business stakeholders and senior IT professionals
– Knowledge to build and manage IT- business relationship, facilitation, communication and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work with large cross-functional teams
– Must be people-oriented and understand how to lead. Ability to quickly form relationships and balance a wide variety of priorities
– Cross-cultural sensitivity and fully understand and adopt JCI values and leadership model in daily management work
– Ability to identify opportunities for business value and process improvement, communicate strategies, and champion adoption to achieve desired results
– Oversee initiatives and help manage business process change to ensure that the value predicted by a business case is actually realized
– Experience in sizeable multinational corporations preferred. Proven track record on working in cross-cultural environment. Ability to manage multiple regional projects effectively
– Excellent knowledge of IT solutions, new technologies and understand technology trends
– Good mix of technical/IT consulting and business background. Positive, collaborative and solution oriented attitude
– Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and business skills required. Proficient communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Good command of written and spoken English
– Willingness to meet challenges, hardworking & able to work under pressure
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/153660 →