Job Details | CF Industries
Please enter a query to search
Who We Are
– Our Values
Discover our Committment
– Granular Urea
– Ammonium Nitrate
Insights & News
– Corporate Information
– SEC Filings
– News & Market Information
– Event Calendar
– Terra Nitrogen Investors
– Search &
– Working At CF
– Student Opportunities
– Careers in the UK
– Safety Data Sheets
– CF Fertilisers UK
Business Systems Analyst
LocationDeerfield, Illinois, United States of America
Schedule TypeFull Time
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth – from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department: AG0508G Plant Applications
Function: Information Technology
The Business System Analyst will review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. The incumbent performs functional analysis, requirements definition, SAP modules and other systems configuration and testing. The role will document requirements, define scopes and objectives, along with formulating systems to parallel overall business strategies.
1. Communicates and collaborates with external/internal customers and stakeholders to analyze information and business needs to deliver functional and technical requirements to applications development teams along with business solutions to the company
2. Identifies business process best practices and suggests process improvements
3. Responsible for conducting prototypes, developing functional specifications, data mapping, function mapping, setting of configuration tables and setting of transaction/ control tables
4. Leads evaluation and implementation of process improvements including needs analysis, scope definition and test plan development and execution
5. Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, data and workflow analysis
6. Assists in security/ authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation
7. Ensures that all deliverables are completed in accordance with Project Management direction; clearly and frequently communicate the status
8. Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
9. Investigates processes and identify root cause problems
10. Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs 11. Acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related field
– Related experience with applications development experience preferred.
– Ability to work effectively with all levels of management in a deadline-oriented environment
– Excellent oral and written communication skills with organization and time management skills
– Ability to learn, demonstrate and apply knowledge of the business over to solutions and processes
– Experience in EHS (environment, health and safety), logistics, and/or manufacturing processes or applications.
– Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
– Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
– Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
– Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
– Role typically requires between 4 and 8 years of experience.
– CBAP certification a plus.
This position is responsible for identifying IT solutions for the specified area of business responsibility. The incumbent must evaluate and determine needs appropriately and within scope. Some travel may be required.
CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal ‘EEO is the Law’ poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: ***************************************************************
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call ************ or contact us at ***********************.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
[Print this page]
[ for job] (Please note: this link will open the page in a new browser window.)
Copyright 2018 CF Industries Holdings, Inc.
– Terms and Conditions
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/127385 →