CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Business Service Technician will install, maintain and repair customer PBX systems to include associated hardware, wiring and troubleshooting. Technician must also support VoIP and MPLS installation activities including site surveys and installation of wiring and hardware.
- Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high-speed internet and voice networks including associated wiring and equipment.
- Perform installation, maintenance and repair on customer premise equipment including Avaya IP Office, Cisco and ShoreTel phone systems.
- Perform site surveys and installation of associated hardware to support MPLS and other IP switched platforms.
- Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of wireless applications associated with CPE products.
- Train customer’s on the use of new system features.
- Some outside plant activities may require the ability to work aloft on ladders or elevated platforms.
- Assist other technical personnel with high speed internet issues in the performance of their duties when requested.
- Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and services to our customers.
- Actively support sales and marketing related activities.
- Assume all other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of current telecommunications industry experience in telephony and data applications including Cisco, Ciena and/or Adtran switches and routers.
- High Speed Internet knowledge.
- Prior experience in a customer facing or customer service operation.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment at times.
- Able to visually identify all colors used in telephone cable.
- Must have working knowledge of PC’s, including basic computer operational tasks.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to safely operate company vehicles and equipment, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Able to handle up to 28-foot extension ladders (up to 75 lbs).
- Ability to work in a self motivated environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to respond to after hour call-outs, work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to travel overnight as necessary for business requirements and training.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills for communicating CenturyLink’s products and services to customers.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- CCNT, CCNA, Network+, or A+ Certifications.
- Training on basic IT and network fundamentals.
- Internet protocol telephony exposure.
- Electronics training or experience that demonstrates knowledge of AC/DC
- Avaya, ShoreTel, Mitel certifications.
Alternate Location: US-Wisconsin-Platteville
Requisition #: 168926
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/100814 →