Cache Software Engineer II
- The primary responsibility of this role is the development and support of the Antrim based lab system (LIS) and billing system, using InterSystems Caché technology.
- Working as part of a small development team, the Software Engineer will develop new programs and make enhancements to existing programs in order to deliver new functionality to the system.
- All aspects of the standard system development life cycle (SDLC) are in the scope of this role, such as problem analysis, functional design, technical design, code development, unit testing, integration testing
- This role will have close interactions with IT project managers, business analysts and test engineers, and will have direct communications with users and with key business stakeholders.
- The role will also involve interactions with other IT groups such as architecture, solutions design and the program management office. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are a requirement.
- Participate in design and Code review activities with team.
- Develop and execute unit, systems integration, and user-acceptance test plans.
- Prepare and test Operations Instructions for developed programs and systems.
- Agile and waterfall methodologies are both used, depending on the project type. Small projects will be self-managed, with larger projects being run by a project manager.
- Provide unsolicited suggestions for enhancements of functional effectiveness and technical efficiencies.
- Provide second level support to fix the issues with system. Maintain and resolve code problems on both a scheduled and on-call basis.
Qualifications and Skills:
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with an emphasis on application programming and systems analysis/development.
Less than 2 years of experience
High attention to detail
Persistent and positive attitude
Full understanding of software fundamentals
Creative problem solver
Proficient with a programming language, Good understanding of SQL, Object oriented programming,
SOA & XMLAbility to provide high quality, timely support to a mission-critical application.
Experience with clinical laboratory systems or healthcare information systems would be
Knowledge of MUMPS/Caché ObjectScript would be advantageous.
Knowledge of HL7 and ICD-10 would be advantageous.
Project implementations may need to be done outside normal hours during downtime
coordinated with the laboratory. Urgent issues may require support outside
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115674 →