Lead Cisco Technician
The Lead Cisco Field Engineer will lead teams to stage, configure, and replace Cisco switches at Veterans Administration (VA) campuses in the United States. With a CCNA or equivalent experience, the Lead Cisco Field Engineer will be responsible for managing daily activities of assistant technicians, for communicating project status to the Project Manager, and for working with VA and Company IT staffs for escalation of network issues during switch replacement.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Arriving at VA campus
* Inventorying equipment (average 100+ switches per location)
* Leading team (2 4) of local technicians to label cables in VA closets
* Applying configurations to switches in staging area provided by VA
* Leading team of DS techs to rack new switches and migrate all devices to those switches
* Troubleshooting configuration and migration issues (e.g.: Incorrect VLAN on port. Original config had FE ports but now has GE ports)
* Overseeing decommission of existing switches
* Travel: Extensive travel required (est. 80%+ travel)
* Hours: Substantial second shift and/or weekend work required. Staging activities can be performed during the day, but cutovers must take place in evenings.
* Must pass Tuberculosis test within 90 days but not fewer than 10 days of stepping on first site
* Must consent to background check & fingerprinting performed by VA
* Total project timeline (est): end of March to end of July
Skills & Requirements:
* Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent experience
* Experience in field and/or leading team members preferred
* Strong troubleshooting skills and experience isolating faults
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/128453 →