The City of Mesa is a great place to work! In addition to competitive salaries, the City also has a generous amount of other benefits available. For more information, please see our website: http://mesaaz.gov/benefits/
IT Engineer II – Application Development
($69,447.97 – $102,523.20 Annually)
An Information Technology (IT) Engineer II is responsible for independently providing primary and secondary skilled technical services in support of installation, configuration, testing, integration, and ongoing support for City infrastructure requiring an in-depth knowledge of the City’s platforms and environment in support of meeting availability and performance goals.
This Class is Responsible for:
- Integrating, testing, and providing ongoing support for City applications
- Providing technical and/or project leadership using standard project management methodologies
- Assessing, troubleshooting, and following established guidelines in the escalation and resolution of technical problems
- Providing excellent customer service and support
- Handling multiple assignments simultaneously and managing workload with minimal supervision
Employees in this class are required to participate in team on-call support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This class is FLSA exempt-computer professional.
Application Development Assignment:
- This assignment is responsible for technical application development and product support for municipal government business operations
- Supports the development and/or implementation of solutions with a focus on web-based applications
- May also include development and/or support of APIs, interfaces, mobile applications, and vendor-purchased application solutions
- Creating test scripts and performing quality assurance reviews to reduce defects
- Performing diagnostics and troubleshooting in support of designated applications
- Performing business analyst responsibilities for the business solutions area by assisting the customer in new project definition, vendor evaluation, and identifying and documenting business process requirements
- The IT Engineer II is expected to have a comprehensive understanding of the technologies supported and actively shares this expertise with others
About the Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate will have strong familiarity and experience in application development tools and technologies, including:
- Microsoft .Net Tools: Visual Studio, C#, ASP.Net MVC 5, ASP.Net Web Forms, ASP.Net Web API, Entity Framework, Telerik Controls, IIS, Visual Studio Team Services/Team Foundation Server
- Database Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Stored Procedures, Normalized Database Design
- Modern Application Development Patterns: Repository Pattern, Unit of Work, Dependency Injection, Responsive Web Design, Unit Testing
Additionally, a solid understanding of the application development life cycle and related skill-sets such as documenting and analyzing user requirements, prioritizing features, and setting expectations throughout an agile process is a plus. The ideal candidate will be proficient with written and verbal communication, customer service, teamwork, and collaboration in order to meet the strategic and technical goals of the team.
Employee Values: All employees of the City of Mesa are expected to uphold and exhibit the City’s shared employee values of Knowledge, Respect, and Integrity.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Considerable (3 – 5 years) computer systems experience in at least one of the following technical support areas: Applications, Database, Desktop, GIS, Network, Security, Server, or Web Support
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Applications are available as of 02/16/18 with continuous review of applications until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as we will review applications as they are received. For complete job description, requirements and online application form, please visit our web site at: www.mesaaz.gov/jobs
City of Mesa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.mesaaz.gov/jobs →