IT at The Standard:
When you work at The Standard, you are part of a company that provides customers financial well-being and peace of mind. As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. Itâ€™s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At The Standard, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact.
Sr. Contact Center Engineer:
Our Sr. Contact Center Engineer role is an exciting opportunity for someone with broad and deep experience to join our team and help drive contact center and related digital technologies forward. The Standard is known for our high levels of customer service and experience, and our team is partnering closely with business to enable real value and competitive advantage in this space.
What The Standard Offers:
- An opportunity to be part of a fast-paced team with lots of exciting things in front of them.
- A world-class location in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon; One of today’s most vibrant cities. The Standard’s campus is surrounded by food carts, breweries, restaurants, and an eclectic mix of local shopping.
- Bike lockers, multiple exercise rooms, locker rooms & showers, and access to almost every transit line within a block.
- Competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401(k) with company match.
- Partner closely with team members and business leaders to identify and prioritize contact center business imperatives; define executable roadmaps; and, recommend sound technology solutions.
- Contribute contact center architectural/engineering leadership and insight, aligned with business/technology strategies and drivers.
- Actively participate in the evaluation, hands-on delivery and support of contact center capabilities, considering business and technology drivers, and with a bias for creativity, sufficiency, lower TCO, quality, and high-velocity delivery.
- Leverage extensive background with call center technology environments and operations ideally with platforms like Avaya, Nuance and NICE to help drive contact center efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote collaboration, transparency and effective cross-functional partnerships within the team, across IT and with business partners.
- Support vendor evaluation, selection, partnerships and leverage.
- Stay current with leading-edge contact center and related digital technologies and trends.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or similar technical field of study OR equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience with call center and telephony concepts, including call routing, multimedia routing, VDNs, vectoring, CTI, CRM and Agent Desktop, workforce management, multi-channel outbound campaigns, and others.
- Advanced experience with / technical knowledge of Avaya Contact Center, NICE and Nuance platforms.
- An understanding of CCXML, VoiceXML, Java and web services.
- Database skills, including experience with query languages like T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- Working knowledge of hardware and infrastructure components (servers, network, storage, security) and how they support call center software applications.
- An ability to prioritize and manage multiple work efforts, driving project success and delivering to customer expectations.
- Experience effectively managing vendor relationships.
- A strategic and practical mindset, able to drive conceptual conversations and planning with business and IT, and then to actively participate in delivery.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, possessing both technical and interpersonal skills necessary to solve complex, cross-functional business issues with the right technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to switch between technical and business contexts, and to effectively communicate at all organizational levels.
- An ability to develop strong relationships with internal customers while effectively influencing business outcomes.
- A team perspective, able to build key relationships across IT and business to enable effective, efficient delivery for customers, with a demonstrated ability to take personal ownership of systems and or platforms while working within a team.
- A demonstrated ability to lead goal-setting and continuous improvement.
- Quality-orientation, considering and instilling quality in every aspect of the job function.
- Strong business and financial acumen; insurance/financial services industry background a plus.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/116924 →