Senior level Control Systems Software Engineer with hands-on experience integrating and debugging complex electromechanical systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will be a member of a highly skilled development team that focuses on meeting internal and external customer goals.
- Develop software for tool platforms following LSG software engineering processes and practices
- Analyze and quickly resolve issues reported by internal and external customers
- Identify potential product improvements and recommend design modifications
- Breakdown system requirements into software development activities and estimated effort
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and robust code
- Interact with external groups for instance manufacturing engineering and applications groups
- Gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of inspection and metrology from systems perspective
- Clearly present data, analysis and conclusions to peers and management
- Write requirements, functional specifications, design verification & integration test plans
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills within a diverse team
- Provide clear and timely status updates as needed
- Technical leadership [10%]
- Software requirement analysis and functional specifications [10%]
- Software Project Management [5%]
- Software/Systems Design 
- Software Development (coding and unit testing) [50%]
- System Integration Testing (verification) [10%]
- Documentation (release notes) [5%]
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering or BS/MS Computer Engineering
- Ten (10) or more years of current development experience in the following areas:
- C, C++, Python
- VxWorks, RTEMS, Linux
- User Interface development using WxWidgets or similar environment
- Threading (POSIX), TCP/IP, I/O Driver Development
- GNU software development tool such as gcc, gmake, and gdb
- User level Database/SQL skills. The ability to develop queries for data mining and problem investigation.
- Ability to develop Linux scripts in languages such as bash and python
- Experience working in process-oriented and/or agile software development environments
- Experience with ClearCase (user & administrative-level) and other source-control/configuration management
- Experience with motion control systems such as servos, stepper motors and piezo-electric devices.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and keeping to schedule
- Customer-oriented, understands concerns from customer perspective
- Effective listener and self-directed learner.
- Goal-oriented, quality-focused, inspires others.
- Strives to find simpler more efficient ways to accomplish tasks.
- Values commitments. Holds themselves and others accountable.
- Able to perform trade-off analysis between software/hardware sub-systems
- SEMI conductor capital equipment expertise (desired)
- Ability to travel occasionally to customer sites, including international
Sorry, we are not currently accepting agency submissions for this position.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/81419 →