At Cumming Corporation, you will work on some of the world’s most exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest growing Project and Cost Management Consultancies in America. We’re ranked in the ENR Top 40 and voted one of the best companies to work for out of our HQ in San Diego. With over 20 offices globally, an extremely diverse project portfolio, and double digit year to year revenue growth, the opportunities to make your mark are endless!
In this role, you will be a member of our highly reputable Cost Management & Estimating team. The cost team delivers solutions to clients in the areas of Conceptual Estimating, Budget Development, Cost Planning, Feasibility Studies, Value Management, Economic Forecasting, Milestone Reports, Pre/Post Contract Auditing, Change Order Review/Reconciliation, BIM 5D Cost Modeling, LEED Cost Analysis, Life Cycle Costing, and more. We encourage you to research us to learn more about our outstanding reputation within this service line.
We are currently looking for a Cost Manager / Estimator to add to our team in our Bethesda office. This is an excellent opportunity to make an impact on our growth and client base in the Washington DC area. This is a very client facing role where you will work closely with clients to continue to develop relationships and build new relationships. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company and market!
At Cumming, Cost Managers are the backbone of our organization. We depend on you to perform multi-faceted tasks within short time frames with the goal of exceeding client expectations. You will work closely with the Cost and Project Management teams to ensure all expectations are met. In this role, we groom you to take on larger leadership roles within the company. Expect to work on multiple, exciting project types. Below are some of the items you will be tasked with.
- Develop budget estimates by performing accurate quantity take offs using plans and specifications, or conceptual information.
- Review, interpret and accurately estimate the scope of assigned work as described in the project documents.
- Apply unit costs and productivity rates, as provided by supervisor.
- Solicit and collect subcontractor and vendor bids or quotations.
- Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client relationships.
- Prepare subcontractor analysis sheets for assigned scope of work.
- Evaluate changes and subcontractor change order estimates. Provide expertise in all phases of construction work.
- Work and collaborate with Team Members throughout the country for specific project sector needs.
- Speak and meet with clients providing outstanding consultative services.
- ***Career advancement at Cumming Corporation will be determined by your ability to provide high-level technical expertise as well your talent for interacting well with clients on the phone, via email, and in person resulting in continued and new revenue generating services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management/Engineering, Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or Architecture is highly preferred. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of experience of estimating or cost management
- Advanced skill level in Excel and intermediate knowledge of Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of On Screen Takeoff and/or Success Estimating Software is a plus.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website! It takes 5 minutes to apply to this job and we will provide feedback within 5 days.
Keywords: cost manager, estimator, associate director, senior cost manager, healthcare, quantity surveying, construction management, engineering, architecture, microsoft, on screen takeoff, success estimating, etc.
CUMMING is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified Team Members without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/47787 →