At Cumming Corporation, you will work on some of the world’s most exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest growing Project and Cost Management Consultancies in America. We’re ranked in the ENR Top 40 and voted one of the best companies to work for out of our HQ in San Diego. With over 20 offices globally, an extremely diverse project portfolio, and double digit year to year revenue growth, the opportunities to make your mark are endless!
In this role, you will be a member of our highly reputable Cost Management & Estimating team. The cost team delivers solutions to clients in the areas of Conceptual Estimating, Budget Development, Cost Planning, Feasibility Studies, Value Management, Economic Forecasting, Milestone Reports, Pre/Post Contract Auditing, Change Order Review/Reconciliation, BIM 5D Cost Modeling, LEED Cost Analysis, Life Cycle Costing, and more. We encourage you to research us to learn more about our outstanding reputation within this service line.
We are currently looking for a Cost Manager to add to our growing team to join one of our Cost Teams based on-site with a high profile client in the South Bay area. This role has a strong focus on conceptual estimating as you will be involved in a variety of projects currently in the very early design phases. This is a client facing role in a fast paced environment where you will have the opportunity to make an impact on state of the art projects and grow your experience as an Estimator involved in pre-construction projects.
At Cumming, Cost Manager’s work closely with all levels of Team Members within the organization to perform cost management and estimating consulting services for Architects, Engineers, and Developers / Owners. They partner with office and project sector leadership to align Cumming’s services to the needs of clients with the goal of providing industry leading consultation and revenue growth. Our goal is that you achieve immense success and graduate to the level of "Senior Cost Manager". Below are some of the items you will take on.
- Develop budget estimates by performing accurate quantity take offs using plans and specifications, or conceptual information.
- Review, interpret and accurately estimate the scope of assigned work as described in the project documents.
- Ability to develop pricing and unit rates from first principles including understanding and ability to utilize productivity rates in calculation of labor rates.
- Solicit and collect subcontractor and vendor bids or quotations.
- Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client relationships.
- Prepare subcontractor analysis sheets for assigned scope of work.
- Evaluate changes and subcontractor change order estimates. Provide expertise in all phases of construction work.
- Work and collaborate with Team Members throughout the country for specific project sector needs.
- Manage and lead a number of client accounts providing outstanding consultative services.
- ***Career advancement at Cumming Corporation will be determined by your ability to provide high-level technical expertise as well your talent for interacting well with clients on the phone, via email, and in person resulting in continued and new revenue generating services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management/Engineering, Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or Architecture is highly preferred. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- 1-5+ years’ experience in Estimating and Cost Management is required.
- Experience in conceptual, schematic, pre-construction phases of projects.
- Knowledge of On Screen Takeoff.
- Strong communication skills are required.
What we offer you:
- Cumming will consider candidates nationally and provide relocation assistance.
- A comprehensive compensation, bonus, and benefits package rivaling the best in the industry.
- An opportunity to showcase your talents within an entrepreneurial culture that has achieved success as the highest levels.
- An opportunity to work with fortune 100 firms and industry leaders, as well as the best and brightest team members in the industry.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website! It takes 5 minutes to apply to this job and we will provide feedback within 5 days.
Keywords: cost manager, estimator, senior estimator, associate director, senior cost manager, quantity surveying, quantity surveyor, construction management, engineering, architecture, microsoft, on screen takeoff, estimating, san francisco, bay area, etc.
CUMMING is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified Team Members without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/49415 →