Join MITRE’s Distributed Systems Department and work with our cyber research engineering team to help solve some of our US Government sponsor’s most difficult and urgent cyber related problems. Candidate will leverage academic and work experience to experiment with next generation cyber capabilities and develop new architecture-independent tools and techniques for the analysis and reverse engineering of software and firmware. Develop a deep understanding of functional, limitation and security features of closed, proprietary or otherwise undocumented systems.
Work in small, fast moving, team environment on variety of cyber related issues.
- Proof-of-Concept Prototyping
- Software Development
- Embedded Systems Development
- Testing and Evaluation
Perform research and development of unique, cutting edge technical capabilities for understanding, assessing and analyzing cyber technologies.
- Analysis of Network Systems
- Network Protocol Analysis
- Vulnerability discovery
- Multi-architecture Reverse-engineering
- Forensic analysis
Develop new architecture-independent tools and techniques for the analysis and reverse engineering of software and firmware.
- Computer Networking & Security
- Complex System Characterization
- Vulnerability Discovery and Analysis
- Operating System Internals
- Embedded Systems
- Forensic Analysis
- Reverse Engineering and Debugging Tools (e.g., IDA Pro, WinDbg, Emulators)
- Assembly Languages (x86, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, etc.)
- C, Python, etc.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more high-level programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Python)
- Knowledge of common Windows and Linux/Unix system calls and APIs
- In-depth familiarity with TCP/IP network protocols, application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, DNS, etc.), and general techniques for parsing network protocols
- Experience with x86, ARM, and/or MIPS assembly, along with detailed knowledge of PE and ELF file structure and runtime memory structures
- Demonstrated proficiency in debuggers and disassemblers
- Knowledge of internal file structures for file formats commonly associated with malware (e.g., OLE, RTF, PDF, EXE, etc.)
- Experience in Vulnerability Discovery and Analysis, fuzzing tools and dynamic system analysis
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/135530 →