Requisition ID 2018-44047
# of Openings 1
Job Function Science and Engineering
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for a Data Analyst. The position support our Continuing Education Program and Event Planning Logistical Support contract and it is based in Silver Spring, Maryland.
* Collects and manages event planning data. Ensures all data is current and accurate.
* Develops trackers, reports and other necessary tools utilizing Microsoft Excel.
* Prepares, reviews, and researches technical information for contract deliverables and ensure accuracy of information reported and adherence to standards of quality.
* Responsible for monitoring and downloading metrics from continuing education provider and Interactive Customer Evaluation systems. Ensure all data is properly quality control checked and disseminated to the team. Update customer metric reports and spreadsheets after data is made available per established timeframes. Upload reports to the SharePoint website and disseminate information to team members as requested.
* Analyzes and identifies problems and solutions that afford maximum probability for success and effectiveness through data collection, management, and analysis.
* Prepares analytical findings in a concise and high level manner. Produces clear and concise reports relevant to customer needs for reporting to senior leadership.
* Develops After Action Reports and/or comprehensive evaluation reports within established timeframes.
* Follows best practices as they relate to virtual learning events and collecting metrics.
* Reviews and provides analysis of survey responses to aid in the development of educational content topics for upcoming events.
* Identifies areas for process improvement in current practices and suggests ways to apply these changes.
* Provides technical and administrative support to project management and team members on assigned tasks.
* Attends meetings with centers to determine data collection and reporting needs and provide specific reports based on their criteria. Back briefs customer and team members when necessary through detailed meeting minutes.
* Maintains current knowledge of the events schedule and assists in the preparation of event specific task lists for individual events in collaboration with each functional area.
* May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts. Keeps team informed of Government customer’s actions, expectations, and schedules.
* Participates in special projects as required and remains flexible as priorities and tasks tend to shift quickly. Must be able to move from priority to priority per the PM to best support the customer and team in the current state.
* Serves as liaison between customer and CE provider to determine the most effective methods for reporting event demographics and CEs provided.
* Local travel required for some events.
* Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology or related field.
* 5-8 years of related experience in scientific, customer-specific research and analysis.
* Experience working with the military and federal government preferred.
* Experience working with learning management system.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, equipment/systems and techniques used in scientific functional area(s).
* Expertise with commercial software products such as Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, SQL Server, etc. for the use of creating reports and products.
* Must possess effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated experience and ability to apply multiple organizational and management improvement techniques within government environments.
* Flexible team member who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize, multitask, and judge concurrent projects in a demanding, fast-paced work environment.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
* Adept at gathering requirements with ability to adapt to changes in requirements
* Shows initiative and ability to work independently and as a team using problem solving skills.
* Ability to build rapport and trusting relationships with customer and team members
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.