As the Data Analyst, you first must possess the skillsets needed to analyze reports and provide insight & recommendations into the business. You must also possess the skills required in all phases of many different kinds of projects, focusing on methodologies, processes and technology platforms. From defining the business requirements to developing the processes and finally testing the enhancements you understand the full scope of the project. Being the Data Analyst, you will have the ability to turn ideas into reality. You collaborate with client and project teams to turn business requirements into detailed analyses, and then build business processes to meet their needs. All Data Analysts should be very comfortable with working in a team environment, and they should possess solid communication and documentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main Job Functions:
* Determine, implement, and evaluate business metrics to meet ongoing organizational or customer information needs.
* Analyze and report on complex data to meet customer needs and communicate in comprehensive ways.
* Develop and analyze solutions to current business issues.
* Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
* Develop queries, analyses, or reports from all points of data for use in determining data analysis needs.
* Leads the requirements definition, testing and deployment of SaaS, hosted and custom application development.
* Assists in managing some or all of the project phases to develop or modify a system application.
* Develops and analyzes solutions to business issues, including review and writing of all relevant documentation, including but not limited to stakeholder, functional and technical design requirements.
* Develops test plans alongside the developers, testing cases and test data for unit and integration testing.
* Applies in-depth understanding of the business and understands how to leverage software solutions to improve business processes.
* Design and construct reporting solutions for the specific departments and areas as needed, including Framework Manager models, Standard Reports, Dashboards, and other data analysis tools included by department
* Support a data warehouse environment.
* Participate in 24×7 production support.
* Conduct regular maintenance routines and coordinate upgrade activities as needed.
* Responds to the needs and requests of internal teams and management in a professional and expedient manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in management information systems, Information Systems, General Business, Marketing or related field
3+ years experience with relational databases and SQL
2+ years in a technical lead/architect role is preferred
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
Must possess strong analytical skills to analyze subsets of the business and provide recommendations
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must demonstrate strong technical aptitude and understanding of how technologies impact delivery
Must be detail-oriented, well-organized and self-motivated
Must work well in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Microsoft VISIO
Experience with API development, particularly XML, FIXML (FpML a plus)
Microsoft SQL Server with experience in mySQL
Experience in both relational and multi-dimensional data modeling and architecture
Strong time management skills
Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions
Desire to provide value added solutions to meet business needs
Strong customer service orientation
Ability to take direction and work well with cross-functional teams
Use and development skills of a CRM
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision and 401k.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.