LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
TYPE: Full TimeMIN. EXPERIENCE: Experienced
Our client is looking for exceptional people who share their mission: to reinvent how our client measure human potential. They build simulation-based assessments to evaluate how people think instead of what they know. Eventually, our client will replace standardized tests like the SAT, ACT, SAT II, and AP.
Our client is an interdisciplinary team of learning scientists, game developers, artists, AI/ML engineers, and data scientists, funded by by Upfront Ventures and Thrive Capital.
OUR CLIENT IS LOOKING FOR A DATA SCIENTIST
Our clients simulation-based assessments engage players (test-takers) in a virtual world (pc-based, for now). Each click, hover, and scroll presents an opportunity to understand players cognitive processes during complex tasks. Our clients data scientists are instrumental to systematically generating insights from varied player data.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING:
* Collaborate with our clients Learning Science team to define which player data provides insight into players cognitive capabilities and work with our clients game designers and engineers to define how player data is generated and collected through our game
* Conduct data analysis designed to provide insight into players behaviors using descriptive statistics, feature extraction, and algorithm development
* Program scoring rules and frameworks in Python and/or R
* Partner with our clients Psychometrics experts to advance todays state – of -the -art measurement models (leveraging Bayesian networks, structural equation modeling, and Multi-Dimensional Item Response Theory) to convert players data and scores into valid, reliable claims about their cognitive capabilities
WHAT YOULL NEED TO SUCCEED:
* 3+ years of experience conducting data analytics on large and/ or complex data sets (i.e., NLP, system data, biometric data)
* Experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as, feature engineering, HMM, Bayesian networks, and PCA
* Solid ability to communicate the results of analyses (visualizations and experience with Node.js is a plus)
* BA/BS or advanced degrees in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field (not required, but preferred)
* Experience working with SQL databases
* Development experience in a scripting language (PHP, Python, R, etc.)
* Deep level understanding of statistics and statistical modeling procedures (e.g., descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, regressions)
* Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. SPSS, SAS) or other methods
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/93841 →