The Data Scientist (DS) is a core part of our broader team that actively develops and helps drive the creation and simplification of numerous analytical and customer facing deliverables. They are the go to person within Professional Services for statistical modeling and insights on some of Akamai’s vast and diverse datasets.
* Works with customers and internal teams to help determine the proper data and analysis needed to meet business requirements.
* Create, update and manage notebooks/reports that are leveraged to deliver some of Akamai’s PS offerings.
* Work proactively within a team to provide guidance that will enable proper business and product decisions for our Customers.
* Provides technical thought leadership to many groups inside and outside of Akamai including: Akamai’s Professional Services community, the customer’s IT, development and data teams, and the customer’s business stakeholders.
* Educates both internal and external audiences on the proper statistical modeling or packages needed for a given dataset.
* Acts as an individual contributor.
* Position will require travel up to 10% of the time.
About the Team
Recognizing that an organization’s approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an ongoing exercise long after go-live, Akamai Professional Services offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer’s Internet strategy. The Global Consulting Services (GCS) team within the Professional Services division is comprised of senior consultants with a unique combination of deep technology expertise and an understanding of the customer’s business environment. The GCS team provides advisory services to ensure our customers incorporate the most up-to-date best practices and analysis in the areas of performance, scale and automation into their web initiatives, to gain a competitive edge and meet the ever increasing expectations of their user base.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent, or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics or other field that includes Statistics as a major component of data analysis or
* Relevant experience and a PhD in Mathematics or Statistics or other field that includes Statistics as a major component of data analysis.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in statistical methods of data analysis
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer facing role or other relevant experience
* Ability to solve complex problems individually and as a team
* Experience with web performance and optimizations
* Understanding of website development and deployment practices
* Experience with data visualization
* Experience with Julia and Snowflake
* Experience with common cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
* Proven ability to manage projects, problem solve, make quick decisions and a passion for excellence.
* Ability to operate independently and apply strategic thinking with technical depth.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
* Must be self-motivated.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.