GTL is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team. The responsibility of the Database Administrator will be to work with and provide expertise in Microsoft SQL, Oracle Database technologies, open-source databases (MySQL, MariaDB, PostGreSQL), data management and database administration. The DBA will provide development, support, consultation, technical guidance and will help to manage the workload of the Database team and support the design of high performance database architectures to permit database communication and data sharing.
While in this critical role, the database administrator will lead in the design, development, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of new databases and revisions to existing databases. The position will also lead in the development of standards and procedures to maximize performance, data integrity and recoverability. The ideal candidate is team oriented, capable of multitasking, and must possess excellent communication skills. The DBA can be located at the San Francisco, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Pittsburgh or Mobile GTL Office.
– Works in a team to maintain all SQL Server, Oracle and open-source (MySQL, MariaDB, PostGreSQL) databases for Global Tel*Link including setup, configuration, administration, tuning, trouble-shooting, data manipulation and backups.
– Works closely with software developers performing database design, database architecture, SQL programming, consultation and technical guidance with SQL server and Oracle databases.
– Performs requirements gathering, business design, technical design, development, testing, implementation. writing reliable and efficient code, queries, stored procedures, cursors, triggers and scripting in SQL Server and Oracle.
– Recommends hardware configurations as they pertain to database performance and high availability.
– Performs database performance monitoring and tuning, including advanced skills in the effective use of database tools.
– Creates and maintains backup and recovery plans and high availability planning.
– Responsible for the organization, security and protection of the databases and data.
– Provides daily operational activities such as backups/restores, application troubleshooting, log monitoring, adds, moves and changes.
– Works with other Technology Team members, Product Networking and Tech Support for any application development, network plans, trouble-shooting, implementations and changes on the database servers.
– Participates in the on call production support rotation and may occasionally be required to do work at the office during non-business or late night hours.
– Participates in projects as needed.
– Various other responsibilities that may be required by Global Tel*Link business needs and that are generally considered a normal responsibility of a DBA.
– A minimum of three years’ related experience working as a Database Administrator
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or technical discipline preferred or 7 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
– Experience working with SQL Server required
– Experience working with MySQL, MariaDB, Percona or other MySQL variant required
– Experience working with Oracle Database is preferred
– Experience working with PostGreSQL is preferred
– Proficiency with Windows Operating System required
– Proficiency with a Linux operating system is required
– Experience with Cloud services (Azure, Amazon Cloud, etc.) preferred
– Experience creating new database clusters; setup and manage HA/DR Solutions using AlwaysON, Replication, Logshipping etc. for continuous availability required
– Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley, PCI DSS, and other security practices is preferred
– Experienced with performance analysis (IO, CPU, etc.) and optimization (indexes, partitions, schema redesign, etc.) required
– Experience with geo-redundant database architectures (always-on, active/active, master/master, etc.) highly preferred
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to work on-call rotation
GTL & Telmate. Two technology leaders, one powerful opportunity.
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
With the recent acquisition of Telmate, GTL has strengthened its suite of solutions for the corrections industry and expanded its community corrections portfolio with Telmate Guardian, a smartphone-based GPS monitoring solution. As a trusted industry leader, GTL provides services to over 2 million inmates in more than 2,500 correctional facilities in the United States and Canada, including 33 U.S. departments of corrections, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and many large city/county/provincial facilities.
GTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.