Mathematica Policy Research
Desktop Support Technician
Job ID #: 642
Functional Area: Computer Support Department: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Regular-Status Full-Time
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 1 – 3 Years
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, commercial organizations and private foundations.
We are seeking a Desktop Support Technician to join our Information Technology Supports (ITS) group in our Princeton, NJ office. The ITS department oversees the company information technology, including infrastructure, data storage, servers, and workstations. All services related to data, voice, and video communications; operating systems; administrative and other applications; and desktop support are handled by this department.
Systems technicians install PC’s, laser printers, software and other peripherals. They assist in the support of the Windows operating environment as well as a variety of PC-based software packages. In addition, they perform the following responsibilities:
Install PC-based software packages on staff computers, such as Microsoft Office and SAS
Maintain backup and hardware/software inventory
Support Windows operating environment by configuring initial Windows installs, helping users with Windows questions and troubleshooting user problems
May assist with server support or network cabling support
Other duties may be assigned as needed
– BA/BS degree with coursework in computer science
– One year of experience in the installation and problem-resolution of PC’s, printers and other peripherals
– A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements
– Knowledgeable in the installation of a variety of PC-based software packages such as Microsoft Office
– Demonstrated ability to support Windows operating environment
– Accuracy with work, strong organizational skill, and attention to detail
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
– Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
– Ability to work independently for long periods of time
– Willingness to travel to other locations as necessary
– Flexibility to work overtime if needed on evenings or weekends and the ability to work with a team of ************* a federal government contractor, all staff working in our central ITS group with access to corporate computer systems are required to successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of employment.
Available Locations:Ann Arbor, MI; Cambridge, MA; Princeton, NJ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79221 →