Sysco Associate Apply – Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Brief description: Develops and maintains code for the SWMS application and provides support for the SWMS application suite.
Collaborates with other developers on solution design. Applies communication, analysis, problem solving, business knowledge and technical skills to design, develop and test quality solutions.
Description of responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Business Partners on requirements and solution design
- Provide estimates and prepare technical specification based on understanding of functional specification
- Design and code based on development standards and approaches
- Perform development quality checks
- Provide guidance and leadership to less experienced developers
- Perform unit test
- Assist with functional acceptance testing as needed
- Provide timely defect resolution to minimize delays in project time-line
- Assist with code build and deployment process
- Provide timely status updates
- Contribute, understand and adhere to Application Development processes, software development standards, and technical approaches relevant to assigned technology
- Provide after-hours support
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of overall IT work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL programming, Oracle Forms, C and Pro*C
- Knowledge of software development standards and best practice approaches
- Exposure to business and functional areas
- Exposure to Agile development methodology
- Ability to perform multiple duties concurrently with attention to detail and quality
- Ability to prioritize and manage work under the guidance of the Technical Lead and supervision of the Manager
- Ability to proactively monitor and communicate for timely escalation of issues
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug in assigned technology
- Ability to interact with internal and external team members
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to understand and follow BT department data metrics requirements (such as time recording and project tracking)
- Ability to understand and comply with all SYSCO Corporate policies
- Experience in creating applications: C, Oracle Pro*C, Oracle/PLSQL, Oracle Forms/Menus 11g, Java or .Net programming languages is a plus
- Experience operating in a Unix, AIX or Linux environment
- Experience with the Oracle DBMS
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/116408 →