There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois (US-IL) – Moline
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Development Lead, Software Development – 33103
Note: This posting will fill multiple positions, located in Ankeny and Waterloo, IA and Moline, IL.
As a Development Lead for Software Development at John Deere’s Enterprise Electronics Group (EEG), you will provide leadership and talent development for a team of Software engineers. In addition, you will:
- Be a supervisor in John Deere’s Enterprise Electronics that will include a combination of systems engineers and software engineers.
- Work with multiple software scrum teams in the US, Germany, and India.
- Lead these scrum teams to ensure on-time delivery of high quality embedded software
- Lead continuous improvement technical initiatives to increase product quality and development productivity (ex: MIL/SIL/HIL, MBSD, Agile processes, continuous integration).
U.S. Visa sponsorship IS available for the role.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years in embedded software delivery.
- Experience in software development or system engineering practices.
- Experience and passion for how software is developed, quality processes, and predictable delivery.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills for indirect staff.
- Experience running a project to production.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take responsibility.
- Decision making skills as it relates to complex system issues.
- Prior experience with Ag vehicle production development.
- Ability and willingness to travel, up to 25% (both domestic and internationally).
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Knowledgeable in Agile practices and management.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in Matlab, Simulink and/or C++.
- Experience with AUTOSAR.
- Experience with Linux.
- Ag and CAN/ISO experience.
- Software Project / Program management experience.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Software, Electrical or Systems Engineering.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115446 →