New Context is a rapidly growing consulting company in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We specialize in Lean Security: an approach that leads organizations to build better software thru hands-on technical and management consulting. We are a group of engineers who live and breath Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information Security.
As a New Context DevOps Engineer you will be expected to provide technical leadership with a hands-on approach. On a daily basis you will be interfacing with our clients and other New Context team members while working from the New Context office, at client sites, or from your home. Expect to heavily leverage open source software to tackle challenges like delivery of highly secured containers to IoT devices or building Big Data ecosystems at petabyte scale and beyond.
WHO YOU ARE:
Seasoned Technical Veteran
* 3+ years work experience in a DevOps or Continuous Integration role
* Experience with highly available and high-performance open source web technologies
* Existing familiarity (or the eagerness to learn) Ruby and/or Python is helpful
Excellent communication skills
* Experience working with external clients and customers
* Translate complex concepts to business customers
Team Player & Independent Thinker
* You must be able to think on your feet, communicate constantly and professionally, and above all else meet the expectations of our clients.
* Ability to communicate productively with customers to explain the technical aspects and project status.
Value Driven & Integrity
* At New Context, our core values are Humility, Integrity, Quality & Passion and this is lived by our employees every day!
TECHNOLOGY WE USE:
* Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Salt, Automated Testing
* Docker, Mesosphere, Rancher, CoreOS, Kubernetes
Cloud & Virtualization
* AWS, Google Compute Engine, OpenStack, Cloudstack, kvm, libvirt
* Jenkins, Atlassian Suite, Pivotal Tracker, Vagrant, Git
* SysDig, Data Dog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Nagios, Zabbix
* Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, postgresql, MySQL
* Compliance standards, firewalls, scanners, OSSEC
* Ruby, Python, GO
* Agile, Lean, DevOps, TDD, pair programming
Please be aware that up to 25% travel is required for this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59388 →