CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; CenturyLink is going places. At CenturyLink, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how CenturyLink can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you’re looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We’re committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following CenturyLink’s acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process. Internal applicants are current, active CenturyLink employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to CenturyLink as part of the acquisition.
Provide expert technical direction in the analysis of multiple and complex systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media. Partner and collaborate with others in the resolution of interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms. Responsible for ensuring the implementation of technical solutions utilizing expertise learned from multiple and complex client environments. Consult and assess industry advances in technical system technologies.
You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing and who know that the job doesn’t end when the clock reads five. We believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Creating the best customer experience is at the root of all that we do.
Your role will allow you to provide personalized service to our customer base. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Own and drive to satisfaction on customer issues via chat, ticketing and phone calls
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to our internal teams
- Execute on service restoration and critical event procedures
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the CenturyLink Cloud customer community
- Challenge and lead the charge to stabilize and optimize the environment
- Drive process improvements within the team and the larger organization as a whole
- Develop tools and automation for your team and others using modern coding platforms and techniques
- Contribute to shared software and services used internally and publically
- Architect and deploy distributed systems for custom or purchased software and services
- Strong grammatical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries
- Passionate about providing high quality customer experiences and learning new technologies
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Demonstrated expertise in systems administration (Linux/Window)
- CCNA certification or equivalent experience. Understanding of all networking layers, TCP/IPv4, v6
- Strong understanding of routers, switches, and firewalls (JunOS a plus)
- Demonstrated expertise in enterprise network administration and troubleshooting/analysis (DNS, IPsec VPN, BGP, Load Balancing)
- Proven expertise in virtualization (VMWare preferred)
- Familiarity with popular stacks, frameworks and tech, like MEAN, ELK, Couchbase, SQL, Nginx, React, NUnit, Jenkins and Ansible
- Experience developing applications with an understanding of architecture, design, test and deployment
- Experience on an agile team using version control (GitHub, TFS), pair-programming, TDD, and code reviews
- Open to working shifts (morning, mid-afternoon, or evening; M-F, Su-Th or Tu-Sa) with occasional on-call duties
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Washington-Bellevue
Requisition #: 162946
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/73404 →