Digital Accessibility Coordinator
Iowa State University is currently seeking a Website Accessibility Coordinator. This position will collaborate with web designers, designers, and testers of user accessibility systems to coordinate campus efforts in providing exemplary barrier-free computing and information technology (IT) systems and resources. These include hardware, software applications, web content, web tools and other online and classroom technologies that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, among other state and federal laws. The incumbent will work directly with university faculty and staff and will collaborate with campus partners in providing tools, information, resources, and training to resolve technical and instructional accessibility barriers.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience.
- Master’s degree and 3 years of related experience.
- Doctor’s of Philosophy or other professional degree and related experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Graphic Design, or related field.
- Experience organizing discussions, groups, and initiatives in professional web accessibility circles.
- Experience with usability testing, including testing for persons with disabilities.
- Experience developing and delivering training on web topics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience leading teams and/or projects.
- Experience that demonstrates familiarity with commercial web accessibility evaluation and reporting tools.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515-294-7612, email email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/152992 →