Requisition Number KPL-******SD
Post Date 7/3/2018
Title Director, IT
Description Position Summary:
Kemper Services Group is seeking to hire an Information Technology Director for our Jacksonville, FL. office. Under general direction, manages a number of departments having significant impact on the company’s objectives and results. Providing quality, timely and cost-effective Information Technology services in support of the company mission and strategies. Also, provides leadership in coordinating IS resources and projects with customers, vendors and other IS areas. You will represent the company externally with Industry bodies and other partners. Manage a team of internal and external contractors to execute large, cross functional Policy application systems. The IT Director focuses on developing the strategy, structuring and managing the delivery of the legacy and modern policy application systems platform. The scope of responsibilities will also include managing the transition from legacy and modern systems.
The role includes overall responsibility for managing the policy and billing platform across all lines of business and building the support organization for maintenance of the platform. The role requires deep policy processing experience and change management experience across IT and Business.
– Education equivalent to a college degree in computer science or related field, or the equivalent in related work experience
– 10+ years of experience in designing, building, and implementing large scale software solutions in the P & C insurance industry (Personal Lines experience a plus) which includes significant experience in project management
– Experience leading and building Information Systems delivery organizations
– 10+ years of personnel management experience
– Experience managing the implementation of core insurance systems (e.g. policy management, billing, and claims, etc.)
– Demonstrated leadership qualities communicating and reporting at the business and IT executive level
– Ability to run and ensure a successful project
– Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with stakeholders and senior business leadership of departments and customers participating in this project
– Ability to organize and work effectively with project teams made up of internal staff and/or external parties (agents, vendors, etc.)
– Demonstrated experience and relevant expertise in the configuration and deployment of IS business solutions
– Demonstrated experience with vendor management and contract structuring
– Ability to build consensus among business and technology stakeholders.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
– Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
– Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
– Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
– Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
– Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
– Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
– Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation’s leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
-MO -CB -ZR +GD -IN -MSJ -PT
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.