SENIOR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: NEW YORK CITY
SALARY: $100k-$167k / yr depending on experience
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER SUMMARY:
Were looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer with extensive experience developing software (C/C++) in a Linux environment. You will be responsible for working with a team of engineers in the development and implementation of a wide range of low-level embedded software, hardware development, and the development of application software.
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Developing and implementing a wide range of low-level embedded software (including device driver, Linux kernel modules, network stack development, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and other low level programming activities), hardware development, as well as the development of application software.
* Supporting in-house and in-the-field engineering activities including travel to customer sites
* Traveling to test locations, military facilities, and customer sites to directly support the testing, evaluation, and deployment of solutions.
* Integrating other systems, sensors, and components with the solution.
* Writing technical proposals
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
* 5 years of C/C++ programming experience
* Experience developing software for Linux systems
* Experience with Linux driver (e.g. wireless, network stack), Linux kernel, and kernel module development
* Must have a United States security clearance or have the ability to obtain a United States security clearance.
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER PREFERREDQUALIFICATIONS
* Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf)
* Experience with UNIX shell scripting, network application development (e.g. VoIP, streaming H.264), and distributed systems and network protocol development
* Knowledge of MANET / mesh / wireless ad hoc and wired networking
* Experience with Android application development
* Advanced knowledge of Cisco router/switch configuration/management
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/58908 →