CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Engineer III – Federal (aka Network Engineer (NE) performs tier three transport support in accordance with SOCOM Information Enterprise (SIE) Operational Order (OPORD).
Engineer III – Federal (aka Network Engineer (NE)) performs tier three transport support in accordance with SOCOM Information Enterprise (SIE) Operational Order (OPORD). In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of Government transport systems (hardware and software) NE must have advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills, and be detail oriented. NE tests and analyzes elements of network facilities including: power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems, and terminals and is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network. NE is responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network. NE monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. NE keeps their technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs. NE provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skill
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with technical and non-technical users
- Experienced Team Leading capabilities for small group tasks:
- Coordinating and implementing network upgrades
- Administrating operations of LAN/WAN-related network services
- Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN network problems
- Solve chronic network performance issues
- Extensive experience in areas such as:
- Network design and implementation
- LAN/WAN interfacing
- Security and Internet protocols
- Server and Network infrastructure
- Strong understanding of WAN Optimization technology
- Experienced troubleshooting data center technologies including FabricPath, VDCs, and VRFs, as well as troubleshooting routing IGP and EGP such as OSPF, EIGRP and BGP
- Working knowledge of 802.1x protocol and implementation
- Possess a strong background in IPSEC tunneling, DMVPN, and NHRP
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
- Working with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define services from day-to-day operations and establish standards for service
- Build Operations & Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain service; build Tactic, Techniques and Process (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Serve as Operational Subject Matter Expert for future enhancement of network transport system
- Serve as overall integrator of the enterprise network
- Test and analyze elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices/lines, modems and terminals
- Monitor and control the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools
- Identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance
- CLEARANCE: TS/SCI
- CERTFICATION REQUIREMENTS: CCNP Routing and Switching
- TRAVEL: Some CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifting up to 25lbs. Extended periods of sitting
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Eight years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and network engineering, including two years of specialized experience
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Tampa
Requisition #: 155916
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/100757 →