CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; CenturyLink is going places. At CenturyLink, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how CenturyLink can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you’re looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We’re committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
In the CenturyLink Global Account Management business unit, you can join a high performance team focused on driving business outcomes through technical solutions to the world’s largest accounts. You’ll be working alongside people who love what they do and it’s contagious! Your team is committed to our customer’s success through our innovative, complex networking ecosystems. This is an exciting time to join CenturyLink and this Sales Engineering team.
The Engineering Support Associate role is part of the Sales Engineering team. The role introduces candidates with technical background in networking and related technologies to the fast paced and high skill sales engineering job family. ESA’s are a valued part of the team, supporting experienced sales engineers with generally transactional workflows. The ESA also provides support for and identification of additional revenue opportunities. You will directly affect CenturyLink’s financial success by enabling primary account Sales Engineers to focus on critical sales deals. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Manage pre-sales engineering packages to further enhance CenturyLink’s customer experience
- Provide technical audits in support of identifying revenue generating opportunities
- Implement process management and successful customer engagement to low revenue accounts by generating tasks that are fundamental to the customer’s experience.
- Communicate critical and technical information to the Sales Engineers so they can recommend the most appropriate solution for our customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
- Basic working understanding of voice/data/internet applications, communications technology, and network design
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of technical terminology related to company products and services
- General knowledge of voice and data communications equipment. Basic understanding of sales cycles and the solution selling
Alternate Location: US-California-Walnut Creek; US-Illinois-Chicago; US-Michigan-Detroit; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition #: 165019
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/100773 →