As a mutual company, we are independent by nature, so we think about insurance solutions a little differently. Through listening, problem solving, examining your challenges and collaborating on the right solutions for you, Preferred Mutual independent agents provide flexible solutions and adapt to your evolving needs. We do the same for our employees. We are process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for our clients and our company. We offer a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. With Preferred, there are no surprises. You can count on us to deliver on our promises and be there when you need us, as your insurance provider and your employer. Preferred Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
YOUR PURPOSE AND FUNCTION IN OUR COMPANY:
The Data Services Manager will work to support the achievement of PMIC’s data related business goals and objectives by leading and developing a world class data services team. The Data Services Manager will:
• Align data services and solutions technology roadmap to business goals and strategies
• Ensure the delivery and implementation of data related services and solutions meet enterprise data standards and best practices
• Develop, enhance and maintain data related services and solutions
KEY CAPABILITIES FOR SUCCESS:
• A superior, motivated Data Services development and support team within the Information Technology group.
• Quality, on-time and within budget systems deliveries and enhancements that substantially meet PMIC’s technology and data related business objectives.
• Alignment of Data Services solutions and technology with Information Technology and Business goals and strategies.
• Standardization of Data Governance and Data Quality practices
• The Data Services Manager is responsible for the leadership, development and administrative management of a group of ETL, SSRS, and BI developers in local and remote locations. These developers will be assigned to the development and support of Data Warehouse, Data and Analytics and/or Business Intelligence applications.
• Participate in, contribute to, and define technology data infrastructure roadmaps, platforms and standards.
• Partners with technical and business teams to influence and deliver Analytics and Master Data Initiatives
• Manages technical solutions, takes responsibility for designs, development, testing and delivery of solutions and projects.
• Works closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to influence and effectively implement standards & principles
• Resource planning, resource management, release planning, configuration management, and adequate documentation to ensure projects and support commitments are met.
• Maintain and upgrade the database and data integration platforms in current, error free and optimum performance state.
• Maintain awareness of new developments and trends in the data integration and data warehousing space and provide oversight and input for maintaining and evolving data model design practices and data integration architecture for the organization.
• Manage relationship with the vendor partners and ensure compliance to quality and timeframe SLAs of resources and deliverables
• Oversee compliance to appropriate policies, standards, and audit requirements. Ensure periodic review to refresh and enhance standards and processes as necessary.
• Partner with the Director of Data and Analytics in evaluation and development of organization capabilities for Master Data, Metadata, Data Quality and Data Governance processes.
• Provide coaching, mentoring support to staff for development opportunities and career path guidance.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
• Assist the IT management in building a high performance, proactive, continuous improvement culture, while modeling a positive approach and “can do” attitude.
• Promote a healthy, highly-motivated, team environment that encourages camaraderie and rewards diligence and quality work.
• Motivate employees to maximize individual contribution to objectives.
• Understand key business processes and stakeholders needs. Be able to communicate business needs to direct reports so that they understand how their efforts fit into the overall picture.
• Work as part of the IT management team to plan resource allocation for multiple concurrent projects.
• Work with team, project management, and other managers to assess level of effort and cost/benefit.
• Manage activities and timelines of Data Service team to ensure proper prioritization and alignment with department and corporate goals.
• Coordinate with the Project Management team to manage project deliverables and to deliver finished product by scheduled dates.
• Enable the evaluation of alternative approaches and devise practical application systems solutions.
• Influence the design, implementation, testing and documentation of multiple software and system integration projects.
Staff Development and Management:
• Provide coaching and mentoring to developers, including annual reviews, personal and professional goals, training and development plans, and achievement assessment in an effort to upgrade their skills and improve their overall performance.
• Assist in administration of personnel functions including recruiting, review of job descriptions, and performance management.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
• Improve and enforce development, testing, release and documentation standards.
• Create or review and implement procedures for efficient, effective and consistent software development throughout the department.
• Work with IT operations and the application development team to plan maintenance and upgrades of development tools and environments.
• Assist in the creation of an annual strategic and operational/financial plan for the IT Applications group.
• Assist in the development of a comprehensive Systems Recovery Plan, and ensure that this is maintained from a data and systems perspective.
• Continually develop technology expertise, creativity and vision in support of the strategic goals of PMIC’s business through conferences, training, vendor liaisons, etc.
• BS/BA in Computer Science/Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
• 3 yrs managing and leading Data Warehouse and Data Integration development teams.
• 3 years hands on experience with complex process analysis and technical implementations of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
• Expertise in data warehouse and data integration architecture design and implementation
• Excellent conceptual knowledge of modern Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions, platforms and technologies
• Expertise in data management and data governance practices such as Master Data, Meta Data, Data Quality, Data virtualization, Big Data and Real time data services.
• Experience successfully managing geographically distributed teams
• Expertise with developing strategic partnerships and adaptive sourcing vendor relationship management
• Expert in Data Management principles and best practices including error handling, data quality and metadata management in a data warehousing environment
• Experience in agile development methodologies preferred.
• Well-versed in Project Management (PM), including PM tools and methodologies. Demonstrated ability to interact and work effectively with the PMO for large systems development and/or integration projects.
• Insurance (especially Property & Casualty) or other Financial Services industry experience is highly desired.
Other Demonstrated Abilities:
• Leadership skills to guide team members and provide feedback, direction and advice with a professional attitude;
• Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation;
• Proven ability to develop effective partnerships with people from various internal and external groups;
• Proactively take ownership for producing results.
This role (job) description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between Preferred Mutual Insurance Company and its employees.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115636 →