The primary role of the Enterprise Networking Engineer II is to design and install, analyze, review and troubleshoot advanced voice and data networks. The Enterprise Networking Engineer II is also expected to be comfortable and competent in managing medium to large scale projects. Following Development Group Inc.s Proven Process, you will help develop technical solutions and ensure communication is flowing between customers and other critical stakeholders. In this role, you will work as part of an engineering team and in close partnership with the Development Groups project management teams as well as the sales teams to represent Development Groups core values and company goals. This Non-Exempt position reports to the Team Lead.
Essential Position Functions
* Design and lead mid to large customer projects
* Development and implementation of standardized configuration template(s) for Customer projects.
* Provide recommendations for process/documentation improvements for internal and external workflows
* Responsible for the installation of Customer projects, cutover, preparation of WIP and final documentation and day-2 Customer support through the execution of our established service delivery process and procedures; this work will be conducted at the Customers location.
* Responsible for pre-installation configuration and testing prior to delivery to Customer.
* Effective and timely communication of the status of assigned tasks and responsibilities to Team Lead and/or Project Manager as appropriate.
* Provide technical mentoring and training to junior engineers as required.
* Maintain technical expertise within assigned area of responsibility; professional level certification (or better) required; e.g. CCNP
* Obtain and maintain certifications required for company certifications
* Other Responsibilities
* Provide technical leadership for projects and service calls as directed by the Team Lead.
* As part of a team, participate in delivering on and exceeding customer service level commitments.
* Manage and respond to assigned tasks, incoming email or support ticket requests thoroughly and in a timely manner.
* Manage inbound non-technical support inquiries from internal staff, customers and business partners.
* Research and resolve customer inquiries for the various products and services Development Group offers including customer follow-up and appropriate escalation when necessary.
* Must meet or exceed individual performance goals as developed and reviewed.
* Follow company policies and procedures to ensure business opportunities adhere to established processes.
* Seek out opportunities to partner with and mentor less-experienced teammates within specialty, to share leading practices and help strengthen capabilities.
* Understand business challenges and problems facing customers
* Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame; maintain relevant certification
* Communicate and work effectively with staff in all levels of the organization to drive product development using industry experience and customer feedback.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
* Proficiency installing and configuring Cisco network hardware and software; including, but not limited to, the following products:
* Cisco Switching Platforms
* Cisco Routing Platforms
* Cisco Meraki platforms
* Wireless LAN Controller
* Prime Infrastructure
* Identity Services Engine
* Connected Mobility Experience
* Web Security Appliance
* Proficiency installing and troubleshooting standard client OS, such as:
* o Windows 7,8,10 o MacOS o iOS o Android o ChromeOS
* Ability to handle design functions and planning for mid to large scale projects.
* Proficient with standard software applications including Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of basic operation of Windows Server software, application software and hardware.
* Strong documentation skills to be utilized for case management and knowledge capture.
* Previous experience providing exceptional Customer or Technical Support.
* Possess a balanced hybrid skill-set which consistently delivers superior support for both technical and non-technical issues.
* Possess superior customer-focused skills which will produce success supporting customers of varying degrees of sophistication and computer literacy.
* Must have demonstrated professional excellence in previous job or field of endeavor.
* Must be an excellent team player.
* Must be self-confident, possesses a strong work ethic, and be continually focused on improvement, innovation, and bottom-line results.
* Must have proven crisis management skills with the ability to excel under pressure while managing customer expectations.
* Understand drivers of customer satisfaction and strive to improve customer experiences.
* Ability to negotiate positive outcomes for customers/company in conflict situations
* Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision so strong initiative is a must.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace which is English.
* Ability to get things done; able to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviors.
* Must be organized and analytical with attention to detail and accuracy of work product; able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
* Proficient with computer systems such as word processing, email, usage of the internet, etc.
* Ability to perform administrative tasks (reports, expense reports, etc.).
* Ability to recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve; ability to seek out feedback on self.
* Understand the value of best practices and apply best practices and other tools to drive business results.
* Must maintain professional demeanor in any given situation.
DGI offers an amazing culture that includes taking care of our employees via excellent benefits and salary.
We will consider relocation assistance based on the candidates that meet our job requirements.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/69237 →