The ERP Helpdesk Administrator is responsible for providing support to staff (at all levels) in a fast paced high energy environment. The ERP Helpdesk Administrator should have a strong knowledge of desktop computers, laptops, servers & basic knowledge of networking and routing. In addition to end-user support & training, the candidate will utilize the helpdesk ticketing system, knowledge base and asset management system to keep detailed records. Working with other members of the IT team the candidate will continually work to improve processes and procedures to deliver the best IT service possible?
This position requires someone who is user-oriented and who has excellent people skills. It is critical to have the ability to break down complex technical terms and processes in a way that is understandable to the end user. He/She needs to know how to perform common business workflows through the business software & then use that knowledge help users fix software and workflow related issues. This is a full time position with a 9 to 6 schedule; you may also be occasionally required to work later hours and/or weekends (with prior notice).
Essential responsibilities include:
* Support 60+ onsite and offsite users
* Assist with desktop and laptop setup/issues, printers, fax machines, etc
* Resolve issues related to the Business software (ERP/Apprise)
* Resolve issues related to operating systems, i.e. windows
* Document technical & business workflow processes
* Help with ad hoc requests as assigned by I.T. Systems Manager, Systems Admin, Director of IT, or Management
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or significant relevant work experience
* 1 to 3 years experience with ERP systems
* 3 to 5 Years experience in a windows environment
* 1 to 2 years experience with Active Directory
* 3 to 5 Years experience with troubleshooting, building and fixing X86 systems.
* 2 experience working with remote servers
* Experience with IP phone systems
* Experience with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
* Strong knowledge of DNS, SMTP,FTP,IMAP ,NFS,UNC as well as basic network IP skills
* Intermediate knowledge of Antivirus and Desktop security
* Very strong ability to communicate to end users clearly, effectively, and efficiently (excellent written and verbal communication skills)
* Experience with Apprise ERP software is a PLUS***
* Crystal Reporting Experience a PLUS***
* A strong capacity and desire to develop user service and communication skills. The candidate will be expected to understand user needs, put themselves in the users shoes, and guide the users expectations. We ask our Administrators to be the voice of the user back to the IT department
* The ability to manage multiple urgent issues in parallel.
* The confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead users in urgent or critical situations
* The desire to learn new soft and technology skills and the desire to coach, mentor and train peers throughout the organization
* The ability to work with teammates to achieve a mission
* Presentation skills to prepare and present to large and small groups on technical and functional topics
* Leadership skills to drive technical and service initiatives
* Set up users in the Business software ( ERP/Apprise)
* Resolve all issues assigned as tickets and escalate as needed
* Monitor repeated issues and document long-term plans to solve said issues
* Work with ERP vendor to resolve user issues
* Confirm Backup of Business software (ERP/Apprise) Data
* Check user setup and screen security to ensure users have access to only what they require
* Take part in prototyping efforts
* Must be willing to provide hands on IT support and be available via phone or email during non-working hours for emergency situations
* Handle server backup and recovery
* Maintain server and network documentation for Business Software
* Provide technical support for employees in satellite offices
* Troubleshoot any reported problems
* Apply Business software updates & modifcation deliveries
* Prepare large amounts of data via Excel to import or export from ERP system to other systems
* Will be required at times to go offsite to acquire necessary equipment.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.