Johnson Controls Inc
Federal Security System Administrator – DEA Headquarters
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Responsible for installing, configuring, and troubleshooting networked server systems and security software. Will interface with end users; gather requirements; and design and maintain an Active Directory and Network based server environment to manage end-user access and information for a physical security system.
DEA Headquarters, Arlington, VA
Eligible for all benefits on first day of employment
HOW YOU WILL DO IT:
1. Gather, evaluate and document information regarding an organization’s existing network server requirements including details on the current environment and future needs.
2. Validate gathered information and identify possible opportunities for network server implementation and improvement
3. Provide a physical security network server design and set of requirements that meets user and customer needs
4. Participate in technical design reviews and recommend solutions and improvements
5. Develop plans for implementation, prototype testing and verification.
6. Oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc
7. Explain the functions and operations of network server software and physical security systems to end users.
8. Troubleshoot hardware, software and database issues for the networked server environments, working with vendors as needed and applying hardware and software patches and configuration changes to restore proper operation
9. Implement network server designs, configuring network hardware, software and databases and setting up end user devices access
10. Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in the field of server hardware and software and Windows Active Directory, SQL Server and Oracle database administration
11. Design and configure solutions for networked server performance and availability monitoring
12. Create detailed networked server documentation, including physical diagrams, logical diagrams, IP address schemes and asset management and database designs
13. Design, document and implement processes for network server hardware, software and database support. Identify, implement and configure tools to facilitate support processes and provide audit trails of support activities.
14. Mentor junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work
15. Other duties as assigned
WHO WE ARE:
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
1. Two (2) year degree in Computer Science, Networking, or other computer technology based discipline, or equivalent work experience.
2. Ccure9000 Network Administrator certification required; Advanced and/or Enterprise Level preferred
3. Demonstrated knowledge and skills required to configure and manage database systems using SQL Server and Oracle DBMS tools, and manage security controls for a network server environment
4. Must possess ability to interface with end users; gather requirements; and design and maintain an Active Directory and Network based server environment to manage end-user access and information for a physical security system
5. Active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
6. Ability to communicate and work seamlessly with client personnel
3. Certified System Engineer ICAM PACS (CSEIP) preferred
4. At least two (2) years of Physical Security Network Server and Software Administration required; five (5) years or more preferred.
5. Ability to configure and troubleshoot network server, connectivity, and physical security system hardware and software issues, both in person and over the phone.
6. Ability to generate and submit reports, spreadsheets, system riser diagrams, and other such documentation for submission to the client.
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/78873 →