Are you interested in helping solve today’s most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Lead a team of talented software developers and financial engineers to develop and maintain advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools and components. These tools and components are part of quantitatively intense application systems that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Ensure applications are of highest quality for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Bachelor degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Require an advanced understanding of numerical and statistical techniques
- At least 7 years experience in software engineering using Object Oriented languages such as Java, C++, and/or Python.
- Familiarity with a statistical analysis tool such as SAS, R, and/or Matlab preferred.
- Experience in Agile software development methods such as Scrum preferred.
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX scripting required.
- Knowledge of relational Databases/Oracle required.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) technologies such as Tableau, Microstrategy, or Spotify is a plus.
- Proficient in coding advanced modeling concepts and mathematical equations.
- Experience with sophisticated models (financial or scientific) and data analysis is preferred.
- Experience with compute-intensive analytics and technical computing workload solutions.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team with a diverse set of skills
- Must be a self-starter and motivate to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player mentality
- Ability to thrive in a fast changing environment
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/166133 →