HAVEN LIFE BACKGROUND:
Haven Life is an innovative insurtech startup at MassMutual with a simple (but important) mission to make life less hard.
Were streamlining the experience of purchasing life insurance by tailoring that experience to the modern consumer. Easy. Convenient. Affordable. Entirely online.
Haven Life combines the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 100 company to create an environment that is truly unique.
Were looking for good, smart, collaborative people who want to work on the latest technology stacks and have a desire to disrupt.
Our office is located in New York Citys Flatiron District [******************************************************************** and, in case you were wondering, yes, we have free snacks. Coffee and yogurt too.
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main developers responsible for front-end development on our advanced financial services web application. Your job will require you to work with the product management teams, business analysts, your fellow technology team members, and QA resources. In some cases you will also be working closely with marketing to support customer acquisition efforts requiring technology resources such as blog, landing pages, or campaign needs.
* 2-4 years experience developing web-based applications in production environments
* Thorough understanding of CSS/HTML and modern page layout techniques
* Experience working with designers cutting up layouts to implement pixel perfect pages
* Experience with responsive layout and design, preferably with Bootstrap framework
* Familiarity with website optimization techniques
* Strong visual design sense and appreciation for development with a client experience focus
* Clear communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to work effectively with marketing teams
* Willingness to learn and a desire to be a rock star…both in the Front End Web Developer and/or lead singer of Van Halen sense
WHAT WE PREFER:
* Single page app experience (e.g. Angular, Ember etc).
* Some experience with an MVC framework like Angular, Backbone, Ember etc.
* Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.)
* Experience with social media interfaces and related analytical tools
* Familiarity with SEO and how it affects implementation
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59792 →