Developing great software takes more than just writing code. It takes a cohesive team, passionate about developing elegant products that scale exponentially in an extremely short time-frame. A team that works well under pressure with the competitive nature to be the best in the business. To build that team, a company must find the right mix of technical, business and leadership talent.
We are looking for a proactive, highly-motivated Software Engineer to help us develop and continually improve our products. Requires a strong engineer who is agile enough to jump into virtually any project. You are an individual who can not only engineer and code great software, but one who will enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams to build the next generation of eGifter.
You are highly technical, hands-on coder and someone who thrives in an exciting and fast-paced environment. Strong architecture and documentation skills are required along with this full spectrum of web-centric tech skills.
The perfect candidate believes that quality and speed go together. They have a clear understanding of the entire web stack and how all the parts (front-end, back-end, network layer, etc.) interrelate to drive system performance. Most importantly, they feel ownership over everything they deliver; never releasing code until they are confident that it is correct, documented and has proper test coverage.
* Rapidly iterate on product and platform features by writing elegant, reliable and readable code to build robust, lasting and scalable products
* Be a subject matter expert by identifying technology trends and platforms (including web and mobile apps) and collaborate with other team members to make recommendations based on the companys needs
* Be involved in all stages of development, from product ideation thru architecture and execution
* Help evolve the software development methodology based on agile and lean thinking, including impacting the development of coding conventions, documentation standards, testing procedures and quality assurance
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
* Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and implement strategies and solutions to help reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence
* Participate in the brain trust at eGifter that identifies competitive services, opportunities for innovation, providing an assessment of obstacles and technical hurdles to the success of the Company
* The ideal candidate will be a good communicator with the experience to lead a project when needed
* 5+ years experience in software design and development, including building and deploying web and mobile-based products and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms
* NPM/Webpack Expert
* Expertise with C# and MVC frameworks and .Net/WebAPI Development,
* Experience with MS SQL or related databases
* Expertise in responsive web design, and cross-browser compatibility
* Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Kanban, TDD or Scrum
* Familiarity working with project tracking systems such as Jira or YouTrack, GIT repository and continuous integration environments
* Detailed oriented, self-motivated, committed to excellence and takes unrelenting pride in the code you write
* Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications
* Demonstrated ability to set priorities and work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment within a start-up culture
* Rigor and a disciplined approach in A/B testing, test coverage, documentation, quality assurance and other software development best practices
* Experience with online retail or payments industry a plus, including privacy and compliance requirements
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Strong leadership skills or management experience a plus
We provide a comprehensive benefit package including industry leading health benefits, work hour flexibility, and competitive salaries based on experience.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/55150 →