Thesys Technologies is a high performance financial tech company with aggressive plans to push the envelope of US trading technology in the coming years.
Formed in 2009, our technology already handles approximately 5% of the daily volume in US & Canadian equities on the back of our ultra low latency HFT offering and our advanced gateway technology for Broker-Dealers. We are now building from our core strength in HFT trading tech to expand into new areas where we feel our edge holds strong, including exchange/matching engine technology, hardware accelerated data feeds and gateways, regulatory technology, and financial Big Data plays.
Our core infrastructure has been built under the guidance of extremely experienced high frequency technologists, traders, and networking engineers. Our clients rank amongst the best traders, globally, in any asset class. In addition, Thesys and our parent company, Tradeworx, have been extensively covered in media outlets as far ranging as 60 Minutes, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Bloomberg, and The Financial Times and have been highlighted in case studies by Amazon and Intel Corp.
Given the breadth of our ambitions, the technology work we provide is highly diversified, cutting-edge, challenging, and extremely broad in terms of the exposure it generates for employees. In other words, there is a lot that you get to see and do, depending on how much you can handle. We need players on our team who can adapt to a very rapidly changing environment, take on outsized roles and responsibilities, maintain strong interpersonal relationships, and help build our vision out further.
We are looking for a full-stack web developer to bring their experience into our team. There will be many opportunities design and implement new functionality from the front-end all the way through to our backend systems. An ideal candidate is someone who is not afraid to dive in and improve existing parts of the system. Using your design/UX experience will also help get the information to our customers in the best way possible.
* Work within a strong team of developers to design, implement and test features from start to finish
* Design/Implement new parts of our system based upon user and business requirements
* Refactor existing functionality in order to improve performance and reliability
* Design new pages and redesign existing pages for improved usability
* Expand test coverage and solve issues with existing system
* Willingness to continue learning about new technology and figuring out ways to incorporate into our existing system (when it makes sense)
* Experience with full-stack web technologies such as AngularJS (or similar), NodeJS, gulp, bootstrap, ZeroMQ, Microservices, and/or webpack (familiarity with ES2015 a plus)
* Extensive experience with testing both front and backend systems. Unit/end-to-end/integration testing.
* Working on medium to large scale single page applications
* Design/UX experience; going from business requirements to end product
* Strong working knowledge of building C++ and the full compiler toolchain a plus
* Strong programming skills, including expertise in working with functional programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python)
* Financial Experience is NOT required
PERKS & BENEFITS
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* 401K Plan
* Performance Bonus
* Work From Home
* Paid Holidays
* Vacation & Paid Time Off
* Company Social Events
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59064 →